“amazing!!! the hike was better than mach picchu!”
Review of Inca Trail

Ranked #10 of 175 things to do in Cusco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 16 March 2018

I took the 4 day Inca Trail hike with Alpaca in November. I can honestly say they blew me away. From the organization to the professionalism to the porters to our guide Miguel who was absolutely incredible...the whole company went above and beyond. On the trail, it was clear that Alpaca was the top company to be with. They stood out like a sore thumb. They coordinated everything to a T...from the warm water to wash our hands when we arrived at every campsite location to the personal water bowls set outside our tent in the morning to brush our teeth to the porters who not only laughed with us, but took care of us like we were their family. They carried all of our belongings and yet THEY clapped for US every time we got to the camp and every time we left. THEY are the ones that deserve our APPLAUSE. They helped with everything! One night our tent flooded from our camel bak and they dried everything out...another night we had a bug in our tent and like usual girls, we were screaming and laughing, they came over and got it out and laughed with us. They will honestly do anything to make your time more comfortable. It is truly amazing. Miguel was an incredible guide. He has a true passion for what he does and for his country. He told us stories they entire time, pointed out plants and animals and became almost like family to us. We adore him. The chef was incredible. We ate better on this trip then we do at home. 5 course meals and they taste incredible! They use some of the plants from the hike and coordinate the small villages to bring them bread, etc on the trail. They even made us a cake on the last day...and i must say...it may have just been the best cake i've ever had in my life. We also had hot chocolate and popcorn and pastries every night. I was expecting sandwiches and water...but no. They truly are an amazing company and i highly recommend everyone book with Alpaca Expeditions. Thank you for a trip of a lifetime!

1  Thank wanderlust8800
Write a ReviewReviews (3,049)
All reviews
in 23 reviews
"worth the effort"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Along the way to Machu Picchu you will see wonderfull places that also impacted me. Ollantaytambo, the hot springs and some others.
I loved this experience.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I underestimated the following on our four day, three night trek in early March. 1. I had no idea there would be so many archaeological sites along the hike! Unbelievable. 2. This hike is not for the faint hearted. It will test your stamina with all of the up-and-downs and the narrow steps. Don’t think this is a walk in the park. It’s tough. 3. I was not expecting a “cloud forest”. On day three you will go through a “jungle“. It is just beautiful. 4. The trekking companies take very good care of you. We went through Kusa Treks and they were outstanding. I would highly recommend them. I would not recommend trying to do this alone. In fact I don’t think you can but I’m not sure. 5. The city at Machu Picchu is beyond anything you’ve seen before. It was so mind expanding and so much fun to see what these people put together at this beautiful site. This was one of the best experiences of our lives.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We used Waiki which is a locally based group, their level of organisation was amazing the food was incredible and me being coeliac they catered fro me. what an amazing experience