“Beautiful hotel, terrific staff”
Review of Royal Inka I

Royal Inka I
Ranked #39 of 172 Hotels in Cusco
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I stayed here 4 nights. The staff is warm and helpful. Most speak decent English. Breakfast was free and food was terrific. Made to order omelets plus much more. The hotel is like a museum. Beautiful art work and courtyards. Location is right downtown on Plaza Rejocio, (1 block from Plaza de Armas). Lots of restaurants and shopping close by. I felt very safe day and night.
My first night there I was facing the plaza. The car horns and barking dogs never stopped. It was terrible nights sleep. The hotel did move me to the other side and it was perfect. Quiet and newly renovated.
Not sure if this is true of all hotels in Cusco but you cannot flush toilet paper. You must place used TP in the trash can. Not a big deal but may freak some folks out. This is a nice hotel so I suspect all hotels are the same regarding the toilet. Bottom line I would stay here again. Staff was really great. Location perfect. They picked me up for free from hotel. (Taxi was only 10 soles). Rooms have a safe.

Room Tip: stay away from street side rooms facing plaza, very noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
RoyalCusco, Gerente at Royal Inka I, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear David,
Thank you for your sincere comment about our Hotel. As you said we are very well located in the center of the city, near to every kind of bussines, and of course it can be a bit noisy sometimes, please recieve our apologies for that. Also, please allow me to tell you that our staff is allways ready to help you in any circunstances and they do it happy and with all the attitude and service vocation.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

We had an excellent stay at the Hotel Royal Inca Cuzco, Plaza Regocijo. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. They knew our names and quickly made us feel very welcome. Everyone from the front staff, to the waiters in the breakfast area, as well as the great bar-tender helped to make our stay as lovely as possible. We also loved the great location - very easy to see the sights and to wander to the nearby plaza and to a variety of restaurants. Thanks!!

Room Tip: Inside rooms are quieter than rooms along the road.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
RoyalCusco, Gerente at Royal Inka I, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Dear guest.

Thank you for such a generous comment, it's very rewarding to know all the efford our employees put into their work paid of, and I will let them know you opinion. Also, our location, as you said, is one of the best in town. It has been a pleasure to have you with us, and we sincerely hope to see you soon again to share more of our hospitality with you. Best regards from Cusco.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Enjoyed our stay at Royal Inka 1 before our Inca Trail trek. Staff spoke english and were very helpful answering questions. It is located close to the Plaza de Arms and many restaurants and shopping. We were able to store out luggage at the hotel while we visited Machu Picchu.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Joe,

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Although the triple room we stayed at sorely needs updating, the excellent service from the staff made our stay enjoyable. Milagros at the Front Desk was always helpful in answering our questions and anticipated our needs. Mario, the concierge took good care of our luggage, laundry and even brought us Coco tea when we first arrived. Alfredo at the breakfast room remembered our preferences for coffee by the third morning of our stay. The location of the hotel is perfect being one street over from Plaza de Armas. If they renovate their rooms, we would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear Alice,
It is so pleasant to receive such a good review as yours. This encourage us to continue working every day with the passion of service we have and the dedication our guest deserve.
Please allow me to show your review to all our colleagues, they surely will be so happy about them.
Also please allow me to thank you for choosing us in such an important trip to our beloved city, and we will be here next time you and your friends & family decide to come back to this amazing destiny who has much more to offer and discover.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

The staff at Royal Inca I is friendly and efficient, but the small rooms a sorely in need of updating. Buffet breakfast with made to order omelets is good. Location is excellent, but beds are uncomfortable, furniture crowds the rooms, and bathroom fixtures do not work well. WiFi connection is erratic.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking some time to write a review of us, it becomes such a great oportunity to grow and become a bigger and better hotel. Also, please reciebe our apologies for the inconviniences you had, i'm sure, if we had another room available at the moment, our staff would gave it to you. Finally allow me to send you the greetings from all our staff and thank you for choosing us in your visit to this fantastic city.

Best regards