All reviews san blas main sq min walk comfy bed rainbow mountain different occasions free breakfast is would stay here again wi fi eggs to order stayed for nights couple of nights nice stay location was perfect central courtyard trip to machu picchu clean rooms
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

Very pleased with our stay here. The staff here are incredibly accommodating and nice.
Breakfast in the morning and tea all day are a nice touch. Comfortable beds and clean rooms compliment the good pressure hot showers. Quite streets and no traffic made for great sleeps.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2016

Spend 5 nights here and it was great from begining to the end. Staff was flexible to change our rooms for bigger on request, stored our bags while we left for the trip to Machu Picchu in the middle of our stay.

Great location in the "art and hipster" district san blaas.
Windows mostly to the street, BUT the one with rather non-existent traffic so enough quiet to have a good sleep.
Breakfast great, add ons on request.
Advisory about what and how to visit in region (but rather in spanish), where to have good eats, give away detailled maps with own recomenndations (good markets, etc).
Helped to print boarding passes, exchange money, order taxi .. you name it!

Would sure recommend for Cusco region!

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights in total and have been at Auguas Clientes/Machu Picchu in between. They stored our big backpacks and the bag have been in the room when we came back. Its all clean and staff is helpful. It can be a bit loud in the rooms to the street (we stayed in 205). Breakfast is included (6-10) and is ok. Location is also quite nice and only a few minutes from the main plaza.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2016

Such a great place in a beautiful city, and for a very reasonable price. I stayed here for 4 nights and couldn't have asked for a better hostal. The breakfast was perfect, the rooms were clean, the beds were comfy, and -- best of all -- the staff were wonderfully hospitable and a pleasure to talk to. They always asked me how I was doing and went above and beyond to help me, carrying my heavy backpack, moving me to a bigger room just because it was available, and letting me use their shower after I'd already checked out. They also called taxis and recommended great places to eat. I can't thank them enough for their kindness.

The hostal is located in the hilly San Blas neighborhood, a safe and well-lit 8-10 min walk from the plaza. As a solo female traveler, safety was a priority for me and this location was perfect. I was able to walk to and from dinner after dark with no problems. Being a bit further from the plaza meant the streets were quiet and I got a great night's sleep. For this price and location, you can't beat El Grial. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank peanutladynj
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at El Grial before and after our Inca Trail trek and felt completely at home. The shower is amazing, beds are clean and the staff is extremely helpful. During our first stay the wifi wasn't working in our room and when we returned from Machu Picchu they had gotten a brand new router to remedy the situation. They made sure to follow up with us and explain that the issue had been solved. Located in the beautiful San Blas neighborhood, this is a perfect base to explore Cusco!

Date of stay: August 2016