“Great location but on a quiet street”
Review of Los Aticos

Los Aticos
Ranked #50 of 403 Cusco B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 November 2014

Friendly staff, reasonable rates. Located a couple of blocks from Plaza de Armas, Cusco's main square. Hot water, heat, Wi-fi, good breakfast. Easy walk to restaurants and attractions. Quiet street with no through traffic.

Room Tip: Choose upper floor.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul B

Reviewed 20 October 2014

The rooms was clean, the staff spoke sufficient English, and the beds were comfortable. Also the breakfast was more generous than others I've seen at similar hotels. The hotel also had a safe, which is a nice bonus.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AEBDC2012
Reviewed 7 October 2014

Initially I did not expect much from such a basic/cheap hotel. But I was pleasantly surprised: great location, very clean and comfortable. The most important was the outstanding attitude of the hotel staff - they anticipated and tried to fulfill my every wishes from earlier breakfast to accommodate my 6am train to calling reliable taxis to printing my boarding passes. It's like to be in a parents home!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This place is good if you want access to a community kitchen (microwave and stove with dishes) and maybe if you have a family and need space. I was a single and wanted a place of rest after days of camping and hiking and it wasn't as relaxing as I'd had hoped. I was placed in a three bed room which was fine and the shower was ok. But I was hoping for a bath that was listed on the site and was told there was none. The room was clean, but the pictures did look better than I was expecting.

English was bare minimum. I had to remind them that the airport service was included with the room. I read reviews and saw that other people asked for the service and paid for it. Not worth it if I had to pay for the airport service. Airport is like 20 mins away at most.

Additional plus is that there was an electric heater in my room. Peru winters are pretty harsh at night and the last hotel didn't have one and I was freezing! I definitely appreciated that. Basic tv channels if that's your thing.

I had a discount at $40, but I think it'd be better if it was $35. I had stayed at a better hotel at $32 so I expected more from this place. If I knew I was getting the same experience for more money I would've changed the booking. Breakfast was kinda nasty consisting of processed meats and processed cheeses. There's some juice, teas, and coffee and some puffed sweet rice for cereal which is all I could eat.

Location was hidden in an alley, which was difficult to find at night when checking in, but it was next to a Chinese restaurant and karaoke place. Also saw that there was a sauna next door, but I didn't go into any of these do to restricted time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Staff was very friendly. The rooms were clean and it is well located near the main square. We came and went a few times between tours and they were very accommodating with transportation from and to airport along with keeping our larger luggage when we went on our trek and to Lake Titicaca.
Excellent home away from home!

Note, if you are going to make supper in the kitchen, you need to finish up by 8:00pm. The noise and odours can be bothersome to the clients in the rooms that only open up to the indoors above the kitchen.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends