All reviewssan blaseggshot waterbreadgreat locationyogurtinca trailmachu picchucoca teathe main squareplaza de armassacred valleyrooms are cleanthree blockscomplimentary breakfaststored our luggagestayed longer
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I had a very nice stay here. Great location and staff, combined with no problems and warm beds make it an A+ in my book! The courtyards are very pleasant and plenty of coca tea make its nice to spend time outside. The breakfast is tasty as well.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank OtterWynn
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Here is my review, I staid 3 nights there in 2 different single rooms :
++ Convenient location very close to Plaza de armas, cathedral, restaurants, etc
++ Convenient to book the room in advance, possible to book through internet
+ Free pick up at the airport
+ Nice garden, breakfast included in the price
+ Clean room, comfortable bed, nice furniture
- Room noisy (rooms at the ground floor), difficult to have a full night even with hear plugs :(
- Quite expensive in the end
- Pick up free from the airport only, don't expect a free pick from the train station
-- People at the front desk helpful but not "very nice"..a smile from time to time would be welcome

Room Tip: 1st floor should be more quiet
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

I spent one night here. The hotel arranged someone to meet me at the airport which was comforting.

Our room was clean and orderly. There is no heat and hot water only in the shower (pressure could've been better). The room also had a small LCD tv for viewing.

The hotel is in a lovely garden setting. Wifi in our room was extremely weak so I often didn't bother. The hotel's computer shuts down at 10pm for some reason. There's a short walk up a steep staircase to get to the hotel. It's not very long but it felt so high up on the hill with my altitude sickness!! I am pretty fit and I was heavy breathing only after a few steps! Locations is only a few blocks away from the Plaza de Armas though so if you can get over altitude sickness, this place should be on for you!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We stayed here before and after our trip on the Inca Trail. The place was exactly like it was pictured. My only two complaints were that the rooms were not heated. Apparently this is standard, but I was not aware of it. You can rent a heater, but in truth we didn't because we did not get too cold. We also had a problem with the hot water in our second room, but we were able to switch to another without any problem. For the money, I think it is reasonable. The location is good, expect for a slight hill that you have to climb. The climb up is not the problem, rather the downing down is. The sidewalk is incredibly slick and at some point everyone in our party almost hit the deck.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2012

These people do not know what hospitality means. My family and I had just arrived to Cusco and just wanted to rest and adjust to the altitude in our room, and for a straight week they were doing construction right outside our room ALL day and even after sunset. They were still adding things to our room while we were in there. It was the loudest, noisiest hotel I've ever stayed in. Not relaxing at all. I couldn't even ask them to boil hot water to make my own tea. All they care about is scrubbing the floors here. I asked them to reboot the internet for me and they wouldn't do that either. The worst of all, which is probably the most concerning to you.. they gave us back a fake s./100 in our deposit. We did not realize until the day later when we tried to use it, and when we returned to complain the woman at the desk accused us of threatening her. Please, what business does not check their bills? I would not support them ever again.

Room Tip: Just don't even go here. I recommend Andean South just down the street, near San Blas.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family