“Outstanding service, every time”

Chef Paz Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 118 Restaurants in Iquitos
Price range: US$5 - US$90
Cuisines: Sushi, Barbecue, Peruvian, Wine Bar
Reviewed 30 October 2016

We live in Iquitos and so have eaten here several times. The food is good, with tasty regional dishes as well as some other options that are hard to find in iquitos (I'm not a massive fan of the sushi as it comes covered in a sauce but that us my own opinion).

There is a nice area at the back of the restaurant where you can have dinner in a little courtyard/garden-type place, and you can get tasty peruvian artesanal beers as well as the usual pilsen/cristal/cusqueña.

One of the most stand out things about this restaurant is the service. Every single time we have been there the service has been fantastic, which is something that can be hard to find in Iquitos!

Price-wise it is a little expensive for Iquitos but if you take into account the nice atmosphere, decent food and excellent service I would say it is worth it. From what I can remember a meal with one big bottle of beer, two mains, two fizzy waters and plenty of free plantain chips with delicious ahi de cocona came to about 70 soles - approx $20 - so definitely can't complain!!

We will certainly be making this one of our regular places to eat out - keep up the good work!

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

A good place in iquitos tasty food Peruvian and Amazon if you are coming to iquitos visit this restaurant located near the main square in iquitos

Reviewed 7 July 2016

This one of my favorite restaurants in Iquitos, where I have lived most of the last two years. The attention is excellent as is the food, presided over by Chef Paz, who is the son of his famous mother, the original Chef Maritza Paz who moved her operation to, of all places, Milwaukee, where I plan to visit -- her food photos are too fetching.

If I know Latin culture she moved there to accompany her daughter to university or a very lucky beau. Check her Facebook page, she looks like delightful person.

Her son, at the helm here, will surely com to visit you in the dining room and he is a lovely hospitable person as well as an accomplished chef. Go and enjoy ...

Reviewed 25 December 2015

This place is a must visit if you travel to Iquitos! The food is excellent, the service is excellent and its a lovely restaurant. I went with a couple of good mates who live in Iquitos who recommended it to me. I had the ceviche clasico with chicharron de pescado and it was amazing! Gary the Chef/owner also has an amazing selection of drinks ranging from unusual craft beer to whisky etc. We ate in the restaurant then once finished we walked around the back where there is a bar area where you can sit and have a drink and a chat. I love this place, can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 3 December 2015

This is fine dining at a very reasonable price. I had a long conversation with Chef Paz and was impressed by his knowledge of various cuisines. What he prepared was delicious and I would eat anything on his menu.