“Interesting”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 November 2020 via mobile

The reservation website is not 100% functional. There is a need to send emails to confirm the reception of the reservation request.

Arrival with friendly staff for reception. We were asked to put on different face masks.

We took the small tasting menu and honestly it was too much food. I couldn't finish it all. The dishes were quite interesting. Many different types of food from different parts of Peru. Lots of research behind each dish.

Dishes nicely presented with some real examples of the ingredients. Servers seem to have a straightforward speech that they quickly recite upon presenting each dish. When asked questions, the answers are quite general and seem to relate to local information/ingredients, not necessarily easy for outsiders/people not so knowledgeable of peruvian ingredients.

We opted for the wine pairing and, unfortunately, this was a complete dissapointment. One wine serving was to last for two dishes. However, the servings were less than one ounce (about one small sip!) making it impossible to have a full wine pairing experience. Furthermore, the wine presentation seemed to repeat a fixed speech and did not offer any knowledgeable answers to the questions asked about the wine or what could have been a pairing experience (not much to do as servings we're extremely limited).

Overall the experience is interesting and good as many different ingredients are offered. The restaurant has service-related elements to improve.

Date of visit: November 2020
Write a reviewReviews (3,226)

Reviewed 30 September 2020

The dinner was so delicious and we enjoyed a lot and the service was superb #shashindra Thank you for an absolutely delicious dinner @shangri-la - Central restaurant. Hope to come soon again.........

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 22 September 2020

We went on a saturday night of the covid to celebrate our 3 years anniversary, and we were very well treated. Tables spaced from each others, english spoken very well expect that I was struggling to understand because of the masks ( what to do...) so I had to ask a few more times about what we had and the chef de rang were very knowledgeable about the food.
With this 11 courses tasting menu, I travelled everywhere in Peru and had a memorable time during this awfull period as it was our first way out of the house in over 5 month. Almost every dish was a new ingredient for me.
We both work in fine dining restaurants in disney cruise line so we know the hospitality.
I had a bit of a talk the Valentino before our arrival in order for me to organize my engagement proposal and it was well taken care of, as at the end of the meal, a 12th course came with a ball of flowers and my ring in the middle. They kindly accepted to reccord us during this magical moment for us to keep a memory, which I was stressing about for the last 9 month.

The only bad point I can put is that there was no amuse bouche and petit four ( mignardise ) at the end of the meal. And also that we didnt have time to enjoy the first sip of our cocktails that the first course was already at the table.

Other than that thank you for this magical time. This is the best restaurant I have eaten in my life.
Be safe.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 15 August 2020 via mobile

One of the most unbelievable and unique dinning experiences I have had. It was a treat to meet the head chef/owner and very cool to understand how they create their menu. Get there early with your reservation and spend time in the bar area as they have some very good mixologists. I will say it was very expensive however worth every penny. Service was fantastic and again the food was unbelievable.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 3 August 2020

The best and most creative meal I have had in my life traveling worldwide.Each of the 11 courses was so unique and perfect and the special pairings of drink for each course just as perfect. Service was excellent and atmosphere superb! What a great way to celebrate the end of quarantine!!I can't wait to go back! Pricey but well worth it as a once in a lifetime experience for both my girlfriend and myself

Date of visit: August 2020