My Suites(Montevideo)
Book now, pay at stay
US$99
US$189
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop barbuenos airesold citygreat hotelmercado del puertoport areaferry portthe perfect place to stayswimming poolwalking aroundghost townvisiting montevideoone night stayhotel staffrooms are nicelate at nightsouth america
Reviewed 15 March 2018

We stayed in this lovely hotel for three nights and had a big room to the front with perfect bathroom. It is very conveniently situated in the old part of Montevideo in walking distance to the harbour and many shops and restaurants. The staff were most helpful and created a cosy and familiar atmosphere where we would chat at the bar with them and get an insight about Montevideo. Rooftop swimming pool and bar make it the perfect place to stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Maria Eugenia P, Gerente at Don Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Dear Janni,

Thank you very much for taking part of your time and letting us know your opinion about our hotel,
It´s a pleasure to read comments like yours and we are very happy that you had a good time with us. We always offer the best of us to make our guests feel like home.

We sincerely hope to see you really soon, you will be more than welcome.

Ma. Eugenia Perez
Gerente General

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

The staff were really helpful with all of my questions and gave great recommendations. The hotel is a small boutique hotel with lots of character. My room was clean, modern and comfortable- the bed was awesome! It’s in the old town which is a little funkier than the newer parts of town but I liked it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking part of your time and letting us know your opinion about our hotel.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and our comfortable beds, our desire is that all guests feel at home.

We hope to see you again soon.

Ma. Eugenia Perez

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Stayed a couple of night, really envoy this hotel. Great location in the old city of Montevideo. Right next to the Port Market, and the main pedestrian (touristic) street. Lots of great restaurant around (not only in the Market). Walking distance from the ferry, so very convenient if you arrive/leave via Buquebus ferry. Rooms are spacious and clean. Our was a bit dark, so ask for one with balcony. The rooftop swimming pool is awesome, and perfect to relax after long days of walking (or to wake up in the morning). Breakfast was correct, nothing much but everything you need. Service was nice and very helpful. Will stay again here without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for room with balcony
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Maria Eugenia P, Gerente at Don Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear soy038,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review.
It is always good to hear from our guests and know in which aspects we can improve to give the best possible service.

Our location is very convenient for the proximity to the Ferry Station, which is only a couple of blocks away and also, for the great variety of Restaurants and cultural life that is in the area of ​​Ciudad Vieja, among them, the famous Mercado del Puerto.

Thank you for your opinion about the cleanliness in the Hotel. Our Housekeeping Department really strives for everything to be flawless.

Your room was a Standard, so its location is in the back of the Hotel. The other option of Rooms that we have are the Superiors, who are at the front and have a view to the Mercado.

Our pool is one of the highlights of the Hotel, as it is like a gem in the city.
There, you can relax and sunbathe while having some delicious drink.

Thank you for your opinion about breakfast.
We will do our best to improve on this.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 February 2018

It is a very touristy area, but very clean and safe. There are a lot of restaurants right across the street from the hotel. Great area to walk and sight-see around, oceanfront is only blocks away.

You might get overwhelmed by all the restaurant options around, but honestly they are almost all identical, menu items are the same in pretty much all the places.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony along the main street.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Dear Mr. mpasqualin,

Thank you very much for your comment and for rating us five points out of five.
It is a pleasure that our guests are satisfied with our service and that inspires us to want to improve more and more every day.

Yes, the Mercado del Puerto (Port Market) is very touristy and in addition, it is the main gastronomic center of Montevideo.
Inside the Market, our Restaurant El Palenque is a highlight which has been open for more than 50 years.

Our location, Ciudad Vieja, stands out for the large number of museums, art galleries and cultural places to see.
In addition, the best ranked Restaurants are located in the area.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

I had to make some quick change of plans when my niece had to cancel her travel plans due to a family emergency and I was going to be spending the first 3 days of my South America vacation solo on Montevideo. Boy, was I in for a pleasant surprise when I arrived at the Don Boutique Hotel in Montevideo. I was greeted at the front desk by Gonzalo, after efficiently checking me in, I was giving a wonderful welcoming drink. The always smiling and cheerful concierge, Flavio, quickly wisked my baggage up to my room. The hotel is wonderfully located near the port. The city is easily walkable. A I always felt safe. I was greeted every time I entered or exited the hotel, especially by Gonzalo and Ariel. There's a lovely rooftop pool and Rooftop Bar. My room was nicely decorated and kept in good order by the maid, Mariela. Flavio went out of his way to make me feel at home at The Don. I really recommend this special hotel in the unique city.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Janan B
Fiorella C, Gerente at Don Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear Janan,

What a lovely surprise to see a review from you. It is such a joy to have comments like this one shared to the whole community of TripAdvisor, thank you so much for letting others know your marvelous experience at our Don. Our staff is always pleased to receive our guests the best way possible, so it is an honor you notice our happiness while welcoming you. Our location is one of our strengths, just right in the heart of the Old City, one of the most visited and popular areas in the country, just in front of Mercado del Puerto, the perfect spot to enjoy traditional uruguayan food, full of parrillas and souvenir stores, the culture of a country gathered in one place, plus as you noticed by yourself a safe to walk environment. Thank you for mentioning the great job of our reception bureau, plus our swimming pool, rooftop bar and free cost parking for guests this hotel has the perfect combination to make you feel like home. Thank you for recommending us. We are eagerly wishing to see you very soon, so don't take long to comeback.

Best Regards,