US$146
US$127
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

My Suites(Montevideo)
US$189
  • Pool
US$221
US$188
All reviewshuge balconyamazing balconygreat locationold cityciudad viejahistoric charmbudget hoteltop floorrecommend hotelcharming hotelthe main pedestrian streetpriced hotelwalking streetstaff are extremely helpfulantique furnituresmall fridgeexcellent option
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Our room on the sixth floor was a pleasure. There was a veranda out the French doors that offered an all dimensional view of the ciudad vieja. It was probably larger than the room. The high ceilinged bathroom had plenty of hot water and space. The sixty year old elevator was opened aired with lots of brass. We had a many channeled TV and WiFi of course. Friendly staff with coffee in the morning. A true diamond in the old rough. What a joy...many thanks

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Unfortunately, I dont think I got the best room. The room had a very awfull smell specially the toilet. The bed was very uncomfortable and the sheet had hair and smell bad. The wifi was absolutely poor. There is no breakfast service. I didnt like how insisting the staff is on leaving the room key with them before leaving the hotel and i did not like it when they entered my room and turn off the lights when i strictly requested for them not to as i had important documents on the bed. They have in two occasion entered the room to switch off the light when i purposely want it on as it was too dark at night and I couldnt see as I open my door. I like my room to be seen like there is people in it and I paid for the hotel room which includes electricity so i do not understand how they can think it is right to just entered people's room and switch the lights off. None of the receptionist speaks english so it was very difficult to communicate. The man who works at the late shift is friendly and nice and location is good.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

This hotel is an old building located just a few blocks away from Teatro Solis, Plaza Independencia and other important places in the colonial side of Montevideo. The hotel is nothing fancy and does not offer breakfast, however you get good value for what you pay, the staff was very friendly and was everything we needed while getting around to Montevideo.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2017

What an excellent start to my visit to Uruguay! Situated right between Montevideo's gorgeous Old City and the restaurants and shops of the new area, you couldn't ask for a better or more central location. From here it's easy to wander the cobbled-stone streets of the Ciudad Vieja, as well as take a bus to Montevideo's inter-city bus station. When I booked, I asked for a quiet room and just adored the one I stayed in for 5 nights, facing a side alley but still with balcony. It had beautiful antique furniture, with modern fixtures, a small fridge (very welcome in summer), air con and fan, as well as a safe. It's also clear that the owners take pride in running their hotel (which I believe has been in the family for some years), while the staff were friendly and extremely helpful (especially when I had to find a taxi on a rainy Christmas morning) - they even treated us to Christmas cookies and a gift on Christmas morning! It wasn't difficult to fall in love with this old-style beauty and I can recommend Hotel Palacio 100%. Great value for money too. Thank you for an incredible stay.

Room Tip: When I booked, I asked for a quiet room and just adored the one I stayed in for 5 nights, facing a side alley but still with balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2017

We stayed here for 2 days in december. The hotel is about 30 minutes from the airport.Just around the corner you find the old city and the Andes Museum. It is run by two lovely ladies who are eager to help you with everything. Our room was on the third floor which can be reached by elevator. Our room was spacious with a small balcony and nice bathroom. There was no breakfast but you can get coffee for free in the morning. Guests can make use of free wifi and a computer in the coffee room.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple