“One of the best duck curry!”
Review of Bamboo Jacks

Bamboo Jacks
Ranked #7 of 32 Restaurants in Avarua
Price range: US$13 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Authentic Asian cuisine served in a spacious modern restaurant. Enjoy your dining experience seated in our comfortable booths or indoor & outdoor dining within an exotic asian garden. Bamboo Jacks has a VIP room for dinner, buffet, meetings, hens or bucks nights seating up to 20 guests. This is an excellent space for conferences as there is wifi, computer compatible 42 inch LCD screen & white board. We offer a take away and catering service and ensure quality.
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I love duck curry and I cook a mean one, if I may say so myself! My wife and I went for dinner at Bamboo Jack and we thoroughly (me more than her) enjoy our meal. The service is a little bit on island time, but, why get out of the rat race if not to enjoy some down and slow time. My wife had the chicken corn soup as she was not feeling great, she wanted comfort food, the portion was reasonable but it was a little sweet to her taste, it was OK. However I had the red duck curry, the duck was cooked to perfection, soft, tender and tasty, just the right amount of spice. My only criticism is that it was served with eggplant, which, in itself is not a bad thing but a few cherry tomatoes, a few thin slices of yellow capsicum would have gave the dish some of the wonderful color I felt was lacking. But great curry, and I could only identity duck breast, so no bones to spit out, no broken teeth, just a wonderful dining experience with ample amount of duck, I think I was not far off from a full duck breast. Great spot for diner, and funny enough, after having spent 14 days in the Cook Islands, I did not think it was that expensive.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Very basic decor, food ok but a bit oily. Reasonably priced, if you want a quick cheap meal this is the place.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Have read reviews about this not being authentic etc. your in Rarotonga ffs. This food was delicious. All four different meals plus entries and no comPlaints. If u want it spicy let them know. Good service. Easy and yummy!! Would go back any day.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

During our holiday we were lucky enough to visit a range of different restaurants. Unfortunately i would have to say that this would have to be the most overpriced place for what you get.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

We had out last dinner on Rarotonga at Bamboo Jacks. The specials were excellent - whole Rainbow Trout and Korean Pork Ribs - the food was fresh and tasty. We also recommend the ginger ale mocktail - cool and refreshing. All the meals were reasonably priced and service was great.