Hotel Viktoria
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
New W Hotel(Tirana)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This hotel came up as a "Central Tirana" hotel when searching on Bookings.com and Expedia. It isn't. I had booked to stay here, however after driving a way down a very very bad dirt road decided that staying somewhere in the actual centre of the city would be better. I don't know if the road leading to the hotel is just particularly bad at the moment, but even by Tirana standards, its pretty terrible. If you are looking for a central hotel, this is not for you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
eneakasha, Manager at Hotel Viktoria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our hotel! Nonetheless I have to make some clarifications regarding your review because I feel that the way you have expressed your opinions might be very misleading for other guests.
You stated that Hotel Viktoria is advertised as a central hotel but this is absolutely not the case. I have personally inserted the exact informations regarding the address, map position and GPS coordinates in every single online agency that we operate with.Therefore it is impossible for our hotel to be advertised as a city central hotel simply because the map position on the websites doesn't permit it. Moreover the first line that describes our hotel on our Expedia webpage(where you made your reservation) is exactly "situated in the suburbs".
You also state that the road that leads to our hotel is in very bad conditions even by Tirana's standards. You are right about this and we are very sorry that you had to experience this situation but only a 600 m segment of the Road to Elbasan, that leads to our hotel,is currently under reconstruction and that is the reason why it is not conform to any standard. After a couple of months when this segment will be finished this road not only will be conform to all european standards but will also lead you to the cleanest and greenest area of Tirana.
Wishing to you all the Best, we look forward to welcome you during your next visit to Tirana and exceed your expectations!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff. The location is a bit tricky. Its 4km up Ruga e Elbassanit and then there is a right turn, if you are coming form the center of Tirana. If you are unsure where ask along the way, albanian people are very friendly. Would love to stay here for my next stay in Albania.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andreascucca
Reviewed 29 June 2013

its good and clean hotel.very friendly staff.clean hotel near TEG shoping center close the city center .private parking .big rooms .low price ,regards for staff .set opaque curtains on the windows.best regards from montenegro.vladan velimirovic

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank zuco161107
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a week and were delighted we made that choice. As previously stated on most of the reviews here, Enea and his sister Iris are the perfect hosts. We really felt part of the family rather than customers. The hotel offers exceptional value for money and is very clean.

The rooms have all the essentials, including a comfortable bed and plenty of storage space and free wi-fi. We hired a car at the airport and must say that finding it is indeed a challenge. In the end I went up to a motorbike policeman and pointed desparately at my useless map (very little English is spoken here, although Italian is quite useful) and he was kind enough to lead us onto the right road.

The hotel is a way out of town, but only 10 minutes by car if you don't get lost or stuck in a traffic jam! It was great having a Carrefour supermarket 5 minutes away. There isn't much to do in the locality in the evenings, so if you are into that sort of thing, best to stay in Tirana itself. There are no English speaking channels on the TV either, but you can catch films in English with subtitles sometimes and there is a Tirana news channel which has English subtitles.

Breakfast is ample and along with the standard cereals, fruit, meats and cheese and salad, bread and rolls and cakes, we were made freshly cooked eggs and sausages, which set us up nicely for the day.

We ate in the hotel restaurant in the evenings because it was so lovely and fresh, huge portions and extremely reasonable prices. The house wine is very nice too.

There are some beautiful places to visit nearby as well as the famous ones. Our hosts took endless trouble to make sure we went the right way to all the places we wanted to visit. The only problem is that due to the erratic road network and volume of traffic, it does take a long time to travel relatively short distances. Elbasan is a very interesting town nearby, so is Kruje and Durres. For day trips we went to Lake Ohrid and Podradec, Shkoder in the north, with a wonderful castle and it is possible to visit Berat in a day. Dont miss the cable car in north Tirana!

If you are thinking of hiring a car, beware, the driving is possibly the worst I have ever seen anywhere and there are no signposts and very few street names. However if you have a good GPS you should be OK (we didn't!) and it is the best way to visit the country independently.

I would not hesitate to recommend the Hotel Viktoria and want to go back there again.

Room Tip: Views are nice from 2nd floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bellamanning
Reviewed 23 October 2012

What can I say, this hotel is just great ! I've visited Albania for the second time and trust me the ONLY choice I had in mind was defiantly VH!!! Staff I consider my good friends !!! I mean everyone was always around helping, making sure you are in best comfort possible! Eno (Manager of Hotel) and I had many discussions late @ night, great time!!! Anyone who is visiting Albania and is seeking a CLEAN, COMFORTABLE, AFFORDABLE and FRIENDLY STAFF, VH is the place to book! Its not only a Hotel its a HOME! thats how impressed I am, Def visit Albania again and Def be choosing my Home VH :D

Room Tip: Experienced both the double and single rooms, both are just high standard and most importantly (my point of view) CLEAN AND HYGIENIC PRIVATE BATHROOMS !!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo