“Never seems to actually be music!”
Review of Pink Houdini

Pink Houdini
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 29 June 2018

First time going the 24 hour club was CLOSED. Hmmm??? I sent them several Facebook messages to figure out their hours & when there would be music. No answer. I went by again and the bartender just shrugged. He said the music was random...as if that was an acceptable answer. Bad!

1  Thank Cynhoff

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

In theory, Pink Houdini sounded like the perfect place in Sarajevo. A popular twenty four hour jazz bar with musical instruments hanging on the walls that people regularly jam to. A place where locals all go for the afterparty and stay all night until the morning. It sounded like a lot of fun and like the perfect place for a nocturnal and spontaneous troubadour to spend some time. In theory.

In practice, it did not live up to this. We did not end up leaving the hostel until late anyway. Although this should be the perfect time according to the locals we asked, the building seemed abandoned when we arrived. After knocking for about five minutes, someone came and opened the door sleepily to let us in. We went down the stairs to find the place completely empty, with another staff member sleeping down a closed off corridor.

We ordered beer, which was reasonably priced, and I reached for a guitar before being scolded by the staff member. I asked why we couldn’t play music, explaining that I was a professional musician, and still he refused. So we sat and drank our beers in silence, slightly awkwardly.

Thinking that Tuesday was perhaps just a quiet night, or that maybe we were just there too early for people coming out of clubs, I went back the next night slightly later; this time even after knocking for almost ten minutes no one came up to let me in. So much for the 24 hour feature.

Perhaps we just got the right place on the wrong night, twice. I would like to see it in full swing and would happily try it again if this were the case, but for now I can only confess to being deeply disappointed.

3  Thank GandalfTheDrunk
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Ideally you'll like jazz or blues before coming here. But even if you're not an aficionado, it's still worth a visit. The interior is fun to sit in but as it's a basement bar it smells a bit damp. The staff weren't so great. My husband chose a specific spirit from their drinks list and got charged a quarter more. But while your wandering around one of the most magical cities in Europe, you tend to let these things go. Drop in for one after dark.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Stay off this club. Small, empty, unfriendly staff (if you don't give the bartender a tip she's going to pay you back just in little bronze coins), just the old and overheard jazzy/bluesy stuff), just old people. If you ask the owner when there is the next concert, he's going to say you a earlier hour so you go there earlier. If you ask if the stage is open the bartender is going to answer "just for pros", so I guess you have to bring you I.D. or something.
Sarajevo is a wonderful city, would be much better without that useless bar

3  Thank RSchof