“Interesting experience”
Review of Cosmos

Cosmos
Ranked #13 of 1,595 Restaurants in Sofia
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Description: COSMOS is a Fine Dining restaurant in the city center that explores the vast universe of tastes and creates own version of the Bulgarian cuisine. At Cosmos we create Traditional Space Cuisine - blending traditional ingredients from Bulgarian culture with imagination to give you an incredible experience for all senses.
Reviewed 1 November 2020

Really interesting food and experience. We had the following:
-Squid on BBQ, fermented corn, djumerki from east Balkan pig, pickle hot peppers and olives
-Beef cheek, seasonal mushrooms, cabbage on charcoal, beef heart jerky, pine nuts and lactofermented chilli paste
-Beer pork ribs on charcoal, beer butter potatoes with herbs, onion chips and beer espuma
-Chocolate with truffle, caramelised cocoa beans and lactofermented blackberries
As well as some additional complimentary items. Attentive service and well looked after by Katrin, I believe.

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank Dan M
RestaurantCosmos, Manager at Cosmos, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2020

Thank you so much for the extensive feedback! We are so glad that you liked our food, place and service! You are welcome to visit us again!

Write a reviewReviews (889)

Reviewed 12 October 2020 via mobile

Must visit place in Sofia. Unique experience. Excelent service in quiet atmosphere. Food is far away from regular and something you might never taste anywhere else.

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank 53dimitars
RestaurantCosmos, General Manager at Cosmos, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2020

Thank you so much! :-) We are very happy to understand that you were so successfully caught by our restaurant's concept, which we try to implement in everything we do :-) We look forward to your next visit!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 September 2020

Had a good dinner here. The prices are a bit high compared to what you get though. The service was good.

2  Thank 773nicholasn
RestaurantCosmos, Manager at Cosmos, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2020

All the best from

Reviewed 17 September 2020 via mobile

Fantastic restaurant, great good and friendly staff. This is definitely the greatest restaurant in Sofia’s city centre that I’ve visited. Very cosy atmosphere, very delicious food and the service is just excellent. Staff’s attitude is very professional, they treat you with care and attention while presenting the meals. I would highly recommend the desserts.

Date of visit: September 2020
RestaurantCosmos, Manager at Cosmos, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2020

Thank you so much for the gorgeous feedback! People, sharing their experience in Cosmos, using own words and point of view, make us feel so happy and thankful. We believe that we are on the right way in making a nice, cozy and pleasant place for dinner in Sofia. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 15 September 2020

Was looking forward to visiting Cosmos having read all the great reviews, but I am afraid to say I left disappointed. We went on the weekend for an early brunch, the place had 3-4 tables occupied and what is seemed to me like a lot of staff. We were not greeted at the door but started walking in when a member of staff advised we can sit wherever we wanted to. The waiter came shortly after but you could see that Cosmos was the last place he wanted to be. Left the menus, no introduction of what's on the brunch menu and walked away. We then ordered the eggs Benedict and the veggie burger plus drinks. When asked if we can have some tap water, a sharp and judgmental NO was said and again he walked off. I still find it amusing how you are unable to get tap water from almost any restaurant here in Sofia, asking for it is a dirty request. But I wasn't expecting that form an establishment such as Cosmos. The food arrived, nicely presented, I have to say for a brunch offering they were a bit on the small size. Having the eggs Benedict I really wanted to have some pepper on top, but the waiter disappeared so I had to look for a pepper mill around the place. Food was well prepared but nothing memorable. Actually on the lukewarm side, which I found strange taking into consideration that the place was nearly empty. My partner wanted some ketchup so a waitress passed by and we asked for it. She strangely made a comment that they do not offer ketchup but they have 'home-made' ketchup. She did not made the effort to explain the difference but we've ordered it. Of course this was forgotten, I finished my dish and my partner was on his last bite when she came with the 'home-made' ketchup. At least she asked if it was too late (no apology whatsoever) but we wanted to try it. At that point I was really ready to leave but my partner ordered the Bulgarian Rose desert which was the highlight of our visit. Beautifully balanced tastes, nicely presented, something you will definitely stay in your memories.
As the desert was from their main menu, I asked myself if the brunch offer was not done just for the sake of having a brunch offer, which would be wrong really. Maybe the management needs to reconsider or if done, to be done in a proper way.

2  Thank sampion
RestaurantCosmos, Manager at Cosmos, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2020

Dear Sampion,

We are terribly sorry about your unpleasant experience in our restaurant. We will check the case on the date of your arrival and we really hope that such an attitude won't happen again with any other our guest. Hospitality and the perfect service are one of our first priorities in a way to make the experience of our guests more than pleasant and memorable. Our apologies!

On the other side, we are extremely happy to understand that you liked our symbolic dessert Bulgarian Rose!

We wish you all the best!

Kind regards,