“New Year's Eve Dinner Fantastic”

VIP Cafe Bistro Pizzeria
Ranked #168 of 823 Restaurants in Zagreb
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

This was quite possibly the best meal I ever had! We decided to come here for New Year's Eve dinner. I had the Ravioli with Truffle Sauce, and thought I died and went to heaven. Never tasted anything so amazing. My husband had a steak and my friend had the duck....both raved his delicious their meals were! Definitely coming back to this place on our next visit! The meal, wine and service were great. Highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

We were a group of 9 friends on NYE and we seen this place on a nice spot so we thought to go inside and have one drink at this place...
Some of us ordered straight at the bar and the others was looking for a free table to stay all togheter.
We founded and we sitting all there waiting for the waiter to come for take the rest of the order.
It Came one guy without hair and glasses already nervous end sweat...a strange guy already noticed from the beginning. We was sitting at least from a couple of minutes and not all of us was ready to order.
...This waiter become crazy...
and start to yell on us to say what we wanted...yelling after a couple of minutes??? Really????and anyway is that the way you treat your customers yelling on them???
...was really embarrassing that moment cause this guy was completely out of him and was treating us in a really bad way...some other customers was impressed from him and watched us laughing on him....was too strange really...but anyway, with all our kindness we said just we was not ready to take all the order and if he can wait a couple of minutes more till we was all ready....please
.....try to guess how long we waited after this.....
....ok I will tell you that we waited at least half an hour before he came again after many signs and call that we was ready to order....
Finally we ordered...
We waited again half an hour at least and we was close to go out because we understand while watching him, he was making this delay to us
....so everything was reeeeally strange and all of us was questioning what kind of problem he had on us and why he was doing a kind of mess like this...
...ok he came with all the drinks after one another year and he gave us the bill to pay.........here was the moment were he became such a bad person without giving us the right rest and run away from our table before we could've realize that mistake......I went personally to him with the bill and show him that we was missing the rest of our money
.....his answer was literally :
"I don't have money"
. . . .
After asking back our rest of the money many and many times he became aggressive and tryed to take out our bill from my hand without giving us back our money...fortunately it was still in on my fist and from that moment I said that I will call the police...
He tried to push me out with insulting me and my friends for free all the time

After a while came the manager too and he didn't listening our speak and wanted to pushing us out too....I said that I will back our rest of the money and that I will call the police and make a bad review on here cause is inaudible something crazy like this and his waiter was a total worst presence in this place...after many attempts at the end he had a thought on his waiter that he is not normal with the customers and a racist mind too.

Of course I don't recommend this place till this person is working there for any of you.

We had the worst night ever in our life and was NYE but we still happy in our life and for sure no one can make this different...even a worst place with worst workers.

Zagreb it's so beautiful but be careful on racist and crazy people

The picture of the bill show the bill broken because of the waiter when he tryed to take it out from my hand...any resonable reson to do this????

we will remember for sure and we hope this review can be useful for someone ;)

Reviewed 1 January 2017

Yesterday was the last day of the year, and we took a walk at Cvjetni Square. I accidentally saw the writing that is in the basement restaurant sing Klapa Nostalgia. Since I am a fan of the Dalmatian songs, we went down. In addition to listening to the beautiful songs, we ordered a pasta with seafood. It was delicious prepared. Greeting chef and restaurant staff. Young people, but very professional.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

We visited twice in the same day because the lunch experience was so nice that we wanted to try dinner too.
If you are into good, tender and tasteful beef, go there and try any of their steaks, which is what we did.
The place is warm, well furnished and tendered by the most welcoming and kind people I have come across in Zagreb.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

After wandering Lower Town for the better part of an hour searching for a suitable place to dine, we happened upon this no-name restaurant. The windows are labeled Stella Artois Pub. We asked our server about the name, and he said it's Zadar. Yet it's listed on TripAdvisor as VIP Cafe Bistro Pizzeria (with the wrong address and the right photos). The dining receipt reads, "Caffe bar-VIP Internet Caffe" and scrolling down "Zadar CVJetni." Talk about making it difficult to write a review ...

Anyway, we couldn't dine outside under the umbrellas because I refuse to breathe second hand smoke, and it's everywhere. Outdoor patrons drink wine and beer or coffee while they smoke. Indoor dining is in a lovely upscale room in the basement of the building, where you could bring your children for dinner.

After being told by several restaurants downtown that no one serves breakfast after noon, we were surprised to find omelets on the menu and asked if we could order them late afternoon. We could !

Hubby chose an omelet with button mushrooms, and I ordered tomatoes and cheese. We also ordered a plate of fresh baked, warm garlic bread, a bowl of tomato soup, and a lovely side salad drizzled with vinegar and oil.

The omelets were delicious, the salad was fresh crispy greens, tomatoes, cucumbers and shredded cabbage. The tomato soup was wonderful until, about halfway through, Hubby pulled what looked like a piece of wire brush out of his mouth. Then he found a second piece in the soup. We stopped eating immediately and notified the server, who was horrified and extremely apologetic. Of course he didn't charge us for the soup, and luckily no harm was done, since neither of us swallowed the pieces.

We also ordered two lattes, which were lovely but more tepid than warm. Our total bill (without the soup) came to about $23 USD, reasonable in the heart of the tourist district.

I loved the Himalayan pink salt and pepper grinders, and the pink cloth napkins. Service was excellent, the ambiance was quaint, and the food was very good. VIP-Stella-Zadar Caffe (or whatever its name) doesn't merit a five of five score, but it certainly deserves a four.