“NOT a Tourist Trap. EVERYTHING is delicious with great people watching!”

VIP Cafe Bistro Pizzeria
Ranked #169 of 823 Restaurants in Zagreb
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Pizza, steak, sarma (during the winter), salad pasta, chicken...whatever you choose, you won't be disappointed! We come here at least once a week. Great people watching as well--as you're right on Flower Square (especially during "Spica" on Saturday and Sunday in the early afternoon). Service is exceptional--the manager Mladi or Pavle have always gone out of their way to be attentive and have even memorized our usual orders so we don't even need to tell them any more :) The blankets and heat lamps overhead make it cozy in the winter, while the umbrellas and misters make it cool in the summer--so sit outside, order some drinks and enjoy the food and scene on Flower Square here!

Reviewed 7 May 2017

We had bussines lunch in Vip bistro at Cvjetni trg in Zagreb. Menu was presented at a tablet. I had fish soup, salmon steak and choco soufle. Food was decent, but not imaginative, nothing special. Service is quick and very attentative. Prices are very high, but you should expect it since it is center of the city and main guests of the place are tourists.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and excellent service.

For me as a 'Croatia regular' I would even say: unprecedented !

A real recommendation if you are in Zagreb and want an excellent dinner with the service that it deserves.

Well done to the staff !

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

This was quite possibly the best meal I ever had! We decided to come here for New Year's Eve dinner. I had the Ravioli with Truffle Sauce, and thought I died and went to heaven. Never tasted anything so amazing. My husband had a steak and my friend had the duck....both raved his delicious their meals were! Definitely coming back to this place on our next visit! The meal, wine and service were great. Highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

We were a group of 9 friends on NYE and we seen this place on a nice spot so we thought to go inside and have one drink at this place...
Some of us ordered straight at the bar and the others was looking for a free table to stay all togheter.
We founded and we sitting all there waiting for the waiter to come for take the rest of the order.
It Came one guy without hair and glasses already nervous end sweat...a strange guy already noticed from the beginning. We was sitting at least from a couple of minutes and not all of us was ready to order.
...This waiter become crazy...
and start to yell on us to say what we wanted...yelling after a couple of minutes??? Really????and anyway is that the way you treat your customers yelling on them???
...was really embarrassing that moment cause this guy was completely out of him and was treating us in a really bad way...some other customers was impressed from him and watched us laughing on him....was too strange really...but anyway, with all our kindness we said just we was not ready to take all the order and if he can wait a couple of minutes more till we was all ready....please
.....try to guess how long we waited after this.....
....ok I will tell you that we waited at least half an hour before he came again after many signs and call that we was ready to order....
Finally we ordered...
We waited again half an hour at least and we was close to go out because we understand while watching him, he was making this delay to us
....so everything was reeeeally strange and all of us was questioning what kind of problem he had on us and why he was doing a kind of mess like this...
...ok he came with all the drinks after one another year and he gave us the bill to pay.........here was the moment were he became such a bad person without giving us the right rest and run away from our table before we could've realize that mistake......I went personally to him with the bill and show him that we was missing the rest of our money
.....his answer was literally :
"I don't have money"
. . . .
After asking back our rest of the money many and many times he became aggressive and tryed to take out our bill from my hand without giving us back our money...fortunately it was still in on my fist and from that moment I said that I will call the police...
He tried to push me out with insulting me and my friends for free all the time

After a while came the manager too and he didn't listening our speak and wanted to pushing us out too....I said that I will back our rest of the money and that I will call the police and make a bad review on here cause is inaudible something crazy like this and his waiter was a total worst presence in this place...after many attempts at the end he had a thought on his waiter that he is not normal with the customers and a racist mind too.

Of course I don't recommend this place till this person is working there for any of you.

We had the worst night ever in our life and was NYE but we still happy in our life and for sure no one can make this different...even a worst place with worst workers.

Zagreb it's so beautiful but be careful on racist and crazy people

The picture of the bill show the bill broken because of the waiter when he tryed to take it out from my hand...any resonable reson to do this????

we will remember for sure and we hope this review can be useful for someone ;)