“Not a must-see item, but close to the Golden Gate”
Review of Hedgehog Monument

Hedgehog Monument
Ranked #30 of 519 things to do in Kiev
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Not not be to my taste because I wasn't intentionally looking for it and it wasn't on my list of things to see. But if you're heading from the Golden Gate north to St. Sophia, then you'll likely see it just to the north on the side of the street. Not real big, but the screws/nails do the job.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

So this is a hedgehog monument set in a small garden. Didn't do much for me. The spikes are made from screws. I wouldn't go out of my way to see it. But its between the Golden Gate and Sophia Catherdral so if you're walking between those two you can take it in.

I was there about a minute - just enough to take a photo.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

When I saw pics in Tripadvisor about this hedgehog, I was sure, that I want to see it. In reality its smaller than seems on photos, but still very special. His phenomena cant be described... Hedgehog's meaning (in fog) is understandable only for my generation from postsoviet countries, I think. This is a bright memory from dark age, story what tells about basic values to be a human. Surprising is, that simple made wooden sculpture covered with screws owns this special feeling, what can be seen in this old cartoon "Hedgehog in Fog"... I saw old churches and other great places in Kiev, but this small modest corner left me an amazing impression.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

By far the best hedgehog monument I've ever seen, but this is first one I've ever seen so.....

jmeem42016's earlier post on this page and his directions were spot on. Follow these and you'll find hoggy in quick time.

1  Thank Rich-Lee-Rewarded
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Hedgehog has a strong meaning for locals, bringing back memories of childhood. It's a good way to introduce old Soviet culture through cartoons.

1  Thank adrianou31