“Very quiet little hotel”

Villa del Angel Hotel
Ranked #8 of 55 Hotels in San Salvador
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Place is in a quiet location, and de double glass windows shiels almost all noise. People at the reception are extremely nice and helpful. The rooms are clean and adequately furnished. They have a little fridge to stock yourself, air conditioning and free WiFi. A shopping mal with good restaurants is half a block away. We enjoyed our stay very much and for sure choose the same place to stay when we go back to San Salvador.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Villa del Angel and highly recommend it. The room was spacious, clean, and the beds comfortable. The staff are very friendly and attentive. I will definitely stay here next time I'm in El Salvador.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2017

The Hotel has everything I could have wanted for a comfortable trip. I was impressed by the friendliness and helpful of the staff. The room was very comfortable and clean. This hotel has a great and safe location, near to a mall, I love the modern looks.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Always very good treatment, always good service, and they always try to make you feel at home. Or actually, better than at home.

The quality of the beds and pillows far above the ordinary. I slept as a king.
The cleanliness had absolutely no faults - I could gladly let my ten month baby play around on the ground. A nice and tidy place with nice environment.

A big plus - they also have car rental.

Breakfast good but maybe a bit too small portion. The drinking water costs money.
But these two small disadvantages are not sufficient to take away the top rating they receive from me.

It's a clear "five-hotel".

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2017

I chose Villa del Angel Hotel for five non-consecutive nights in February 2017 as part of a multi-city tour of El Salvador. The location of the hotel in San Salvador and the high ranking of the hotel here on TripAdvisor were the two main reasons for me choosing this lodging.

Using the e-mail address (info@villadelangelhotel.com) listed on the hotel's official website, I sent an e-mail requesting a reservation for my desired dates of stay. I quickly heard back from Carlos Barrera and Grace Moncada, who informed me that my desired room (Standard Individual Room) was available and that my credit card details were needed to pay a deposit and secure my reservation. After providing these details and paying the deposit ($115.64), I received a voucher confirming my reservation. At this time, I also requested a transfer from the airport to the hotel, and was told that the hotel's driver would be waiting for me when I arrived and exited the airport.

When I arrived at the airport and exited the terminal, the hotel's driver (Eduardo) was waiting for me and holding a sign with my name on it. The drive from the airport to Villa del Angel Hotel took 50 minutes in moderate traffic. During the check-in process, I paid the balance of my reservation ($173.46) and the cost of the airport pick-up ($28).

The bedroom of my room (#3) featured a comfortable king-size bed and three pillows. The top sheet was of great quality (but a little thin), and since I wasn't sure when the last time the blue blanket on the bed was laundered (a typical conundrum in any hotel in any nation), I simply didn't use it. A padded rocking chair, work desk with chair, storage closet with two security safes, satellite television, and mini-fridge were also present. The wall-mounted air conditioner was cold and powerful. One complimentary bottle of water was provided daily.

In the bathroom, there was good water pressure in the shower and ample hot water from the dial-your-preferred-temperature water heater box. Soap dispensers were mounted in the shower and near the sink. Towels were of great quality with no holes or stains. Housekeeping did a good job freshening the bathroom and bedroom daily, and US-style power outlets were found throughout the entire room.

In the mornings, breakfast consisted of five choices: American, Continental, Salvadorean, Rancherito, and Light. And each morning, I chose the Salvadorean: scrambled eggs, rice with beans, fried plantain, bread, cheese, fresh-squeezed orange juice (with pulp), and great coffee. At my request, the hotel provided Splenda in the mornings for my coffee, which I really appreciated.

Other amenities provided by the hotel were 24-hour security and a common computer for guest use in the lobby, equipped with Wi-Fi. The Galerias Mall was located nearly next door to the hotel, with a Wendy's and Super Selectos supermarket only a five-minute walk away.

The real superstar of Villa del Angel Hotel was Eduardo, the hotel's exclusive driver and tour guide. Through Grace Moncada, I requested a tour of Planes de Renderos, Puerta del Diablo, and Parque El Boqueron, and for a separate day, a tour of the Joya de Ceren and San Andres ruins. Even though he is a young guy (probably in his early 20s) and doesn't speak much english, for both of these tours ($50 for the first and $45 for the second), Eduardo was a knowledgeable and patient guide. He was also tasked with transporting me from San Salvador to Suchitoto ($55) to begin the next phase of my tour of El Salvador. And not only was he on time for my pick-up at the airport on the day that I arrived, he was two minutes early for my pre-arranged 5am pick-up at the hotel and transport to the airport on the day of my departure back to the United States (an additional $28).

Based on my experience at the hotel and Eduardo's performance, I have no problems with rating Villa Del Angel Hotel "Excellent" here on TripAdvisor. This hotel will be ideal lodging for Americans, Europeans, or others wishing to spend time in San Salvador to tour the city and nearby sights in the countryside.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo