“Friendly helpful staff, but room 1 can be quite noisy”

Villa del Angel Hotel
Ranked #12 of 55 Hotels in San Salvador
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night during a 24 hour stopover in El Salvador. Overall I was pleased with my choice, the staff are friendly and helpful (very little English spoken knowing some Spanish is very useful) and it's in a quiet and safe area of the city. I used them to pick me up/take me to the airport and I rented a car from them as well.
My gripes are these; I got room 1 (which is for 5!) This is the room nearest the reception area and suffers from periodic noise of other guests passing and the staff (particularly in the morning when they set up breakfast) Its also the one with the door bell although that only went off once and that was between 6-7. So ear plugs are recommended! The car wasn't in the best condition. It said the tyre pressure needed checking (they were fine) and the wiper blades needed replacing a long time ago.
On the plus the pick up at the airport was fine ($28, so competitive with a taxi) and the breakfast is included and consists of 5 choices, American, Continental, Salvadorian, Ranch and a light breakfast. I took the Salvadorian (see photo) and it was hot and tasty.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Place is in a quiet location, and de double glass windows shiels almost all noise. People at the reception are extremely nice and helpful. The rooms are clean and adequately furnished. They have a little fridge to stock yourself, air conditioning and free WiFi. A shopping mal with good restaurants is half a block away. We enjoyed our stay very much and for sure choose the same place to stay when we go back to San Salvador.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Villa del Angel and highly recommend it. The room was spacious, clean, and the beds comfortable. The staff are very friendly and attentive. I will definitely stay here next time I'm in El Salvador.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2017

The Hotel has everything I could have wanted for a comfortable trip. I was impressed by the friendliness and helpful of the staff. The room was very comfortable and clean. This hotel has a great and safe location, near to a mall, I love the modern looks.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Always very good treatment, always good service, and they always try to make you feel at home. Or actually, better than at home.

The quality of the beds and pillows far above the ordinary. I slept as a king.
The cleanliness had absolutely no faults - I could gladly let my ten month baby play around on the ground. A nice and tidy place with nice environment.

A big plus - they also have car rental.

Breakfast good but maybe a bit too small portion. The drinking water costs money.
But these two small disadvantages are not sufficient to take away the top rating they receive from me.

It's a clear "five-hotel".

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family