Hotel Marela(San Salvador)
US$91
US$85
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$85
Barcelo San Salvador(San Salvador)
US$78
US$67
Hotwire.com
Ali"s Downtown(San Salvador)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe ground floorcomfortable staycable tvsofarefrigeratorsheetsneighborhooddeskbedsecuritybusiness
Reviewed 20 July 2017

My apartment was located just past reception, on the ground floor. The small living room featured a comfy sofa, a desk and a mid-sized fridge. Both the bedroom and bathroom were tiny, but functional. I also had a tiny balcony.

The hotel entrance is always locked, and having to ring the bell every time seems a nuisance. Then again, I understand they need to be security conscious in this dangerous city.

Overall, this small hotel offers great value for money.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Armonia H, Director Comercial at Hotel Armonia Hostal, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Yes, for the safety of our guests and visitors we keep the main entrance closed, although the area where we are located is very safe and no incident of insecurity has occurred for now. Thank you for commenting your experience, it has been a pleasure to assist you

Reviewed 13 July 2017

I spent a few nights at the Armonia in late June, 2017 and was very satisfied and would recommend this place. We all know San Salvador is not one of the safest cities but I walked at night several blocks to an intersection where there were three restaurants and bars - had a fine dinner in a Mexican restaurant - felt safe and no problems! I was traveling without a computer and asked the staff about a nearby Cyber cafe ... instead they insisted I use a computer in the hotel at no charge! What a great place!

Room Tip: Italian restaurant next door is simple but cheap and good food!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for sharing your experience, yes, in fact we have a computer available 24 hours for our guests for free, and the area where we are located is very safe and passable (even at night).

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 7 days. The attention was great! When I got into my room there was a patio door that didn't have a curtain, while it was still private I didn't want to wake up to the bright sun. I asked for something to be placed over it and it was taken care of immediately. They were so pleasant! My room was super clean, the towels and sheets were changed every day. There was a mini fridge, sitting area, desk and chair and remote control cooling air. The TV could be updated but it worked just fine and there were cable channels. The shower had warm water. They don't provide bottled water but there was a water dispenser right outside my door! I have stayed in many hotels but this one felt very comfortable and secure. Not a single item went missing even without having a safe box. I could tell they made it a point to leave all my personal stuff exactly where I left it and only clean up the room. The wifi worked great! I would feel a little bad coming in late because I would have to wake them up so they could open the front door and let me in. They were just as pleasant regardless of the hour but I couldn't help but feel bad waking them up or having the comfort as most hotels were you don't wake up anyone just to make it to your room. I didn't select the breakfast option but they were willing to make one if I ordered it for any of the days during my stay. There are 3 parking spots in the front and plenty of street side parking. The location felt safer than other areas. Once inside you forgot safety is even an issue. I never had a noise problem from my room. Everyone was respectful at night. Definitely a great place for the price.

Muchas gracias por todas sus atenciones y muy buen servicio!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

We love knowing your experience, let me tell you that we will always be waiting for you with a smile, even at dawn, no matter what time you return, it is your home and our staff is always willing to help you. Thanks for sharing. Greetings from El Salvador.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

I spent 4 nights here and was surprisingly pleased with my stay. The building is very secure and they keep the front door locked at all times. I arrived at around 2 am and I had no problem checking in, in fact the owner was nice enough to let me register in the morning when I woke up so that I could just go to bed. Free breakfast is wonderful. Typical Salvadorian breakfast platanos, refried beans and rice, cream, eggs, bread, juice, and coffee. Air conditioning works great, hot water was wonderful, my only complaint about my entire stay was the bed. It is VERY VERY firm. Also I tend to like a heavier blanket on me when I sleep so if you like a heavier blanket make sure to bring one because the bed only has two thin sheets on it. There is parking for only 3 cars but quite a bit of parking on the street. All in all it's a great value for the price.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amanda I

We are happy to know that you love our hotel, we are always willing to help you when you need it. We are your home in San Salvador.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

I just got back from my first visit to El Salvador. I went for an entire week and stayed at the Armonía Hostal. The Armonía offered me EXACTLY what I was looking for. Easy access to buses...they run about every 5 minutes...a few blocks from the hostal and only costs either 20 cents or 25 cents. The Salvadorean people on the bus were very kind and helpful with letting me know when to get off. The hostal is run by an awesome mother and son combo. They are very hospitable / friendly; you feel as if you are with family. Each morning I would ask Alejandro for directions to this place or that and he would explain the buses to take, transfers, draw me a map, etc. I went to MANY places in El Salvador (near and far) and did them all using public transportation...buses. The rooms are large and comfortable. Slept very well and the air conditioner was in perfect working condition. The Wi-fi is excellent! In the evening, Alejandro's mother and Alejandro would always ask how did it go and what did I like or dislike. Then they would suggest other places of interest. You can also use taxi; they will call one for you and they have one (Don Fausto) that is top-notch! I used his services once because where I was going would have been a lot more difficult with buses...though still possible; and because it was my last day and wanted to treat myself to a taxi. The Armonia has good hot water from sinks and shower. I highly recommend that you go to: UCA- to see the Archbishop Romero Building and free tour; the Cathedral, the Our lady of the Rosary church (ugly outside , but what a treasure inside), the Guadalupe Church, the UNESCO Joya de Ceren and San Andres ruins...called the Pompeii of the Americas, and many many more beautiful sites. If I were to go again to El Salvador, I would definitely stay in the Armonia Hotel again! Very nice people running the place. Actually, I found that the vast majority of Salvadoreños are very nice, kind, helpful and hard-working people. Last, but not least, there is an excellent Italian Restaurant next to the hostal and then like three blocks away an excellent Salvodorean restaurant: EL ESTABLO!!!!! You must go!!! Other restaurants are nearby too and grocery stores. Forgot to mention the ladies that cook and clean...very helpful also. They too helped with directions and with giving me insight to their countries history and unique places of interest. I give this place 5 HUGE stars. I wish them even more success!!!
D. A. from Florida, USA

Room Tip: Upstairs and downstairs....very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank IndFLDan
Armonia H, Director Comercial at Hotel Armonia Hostal, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2016

Dear Sir

Thanks for commenting, we strive to provide quality services, and that our travelers feel at home and enjoy a comfortable stay.

Thanks for coming to El Salvador, an impressive country.