Lowest prices for your stay
US$100
No prepayment needed
US$64
Agoda.com
US$55
Hotels.comUS$64
TravelocityUS$64
PricelineUS$100
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2019

Terrible maintenance of the common areas and in the bedrooms, I stay here 1 year ago and now that i went again found very poor conditions, room not clean enough, an uncomfortable bed, and the worse AC smell. The gym is dirty and the machines didn't work properly. The pictures do not reflect the reality. The hotel has potencial but ir needs string

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 6 November 2018

The Marela Hotel is a good option if you are traveling for business to San Salvador. It has everything you need and is very well located.
The breakfast included is quite good and the staff is very friendly.

Date of stay: October 2018
2  Thank santiagogaleros
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

We are staying here for four nights. It is a very good budget hotel with all basic amenities like free internate, swimming pool and well equipped gym. Location is very good. Some of the good malls and restaurants are at very short distance.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I've stayed at Marela many times, and every time since the first day the service is grate... they always greet me by name and the staff are very friendly. The rooms are nice and well cleaned. The hotel is well located in Escalon, near restaurants, shops and other amenities.

Excellent hotel for business travel on a budget, good WiFi connection in the rooms and other areas. The hotel has no elevator, something to consider if you have mobility issues, but the staff will go out of their way to help you.

Room tip: I recommend the rooms on the second floor, they are away from the pool noise and still accessible
Date of stay: January 2016
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Hotel Marela is very quaint. It feels like a big house. LOL! Very nice. My room was on the top floor. There's no elevator so anyone with mobility issues should ask for a room on the main floor. There is a small pool, the breakfast buffet was great and the service was great!

The room was a good size! I had a queen sized bed. There's an in-room safe I didn't use and a tv that I also didn't use. You have to step up to get into the bathroom. Not sure if that's the case for every room but I know it was for mine so, again, something to consider if you have challenges with mobility.

I only have two complaints. The AC was loud and not easily controlled. I had it set to 70 and it was FREEZING so I turned down the fan which didn't actually turn down. I then raised the temperature to 74 and it was still freezing. 76 made it HOT. So I just turned it onto freezing when I left in the day and turned it off at night. Also, the wifi drops a lot and although you are assigned to wifi for your room, sometimes it doesn't work. Feel free to seek the other rooms' wifi connections. Most of them are accessible throughout the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2016