Lowest prices for your stay
US$76
Booking.comUS$76
Hotels.comUS$76
Barcelo.comUS$76
1,405 results
All reviews great hotel zona rosa recommend this hotel hotel is located front desk staff the hotel staff enjoyed my stay nice area safe area barcelo gym princess business churchill nelson luis country
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 September 2021

The good: Very helpful staff. Excellent location with many restaurants in the area. Big room and bathroom. Very stable and fast WiFi. Great breakfast selection and received a complimentary late checkout at 15:00 on my last day. Good value for money. I would certainly stay here again.

The bad: My room was closely located to the elevator and it wasn't always quiet. There were a lot of people talking in the corridor and the phone near the elevator kept ringing. The fridge in the room was also super loud and I had to unplug it in order to sleep.

Room tip: Far away from elevator
Date of stay: September 2021
2  Thank Wei2Yue
Ilsie Mercadillo, Guest Services / Front Office at Barcelo San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2021

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great feedback of your recent stay at our Barceló San Salvador; guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that, We are happy our hotel and staff were able to meet all your needs during your stay, thank you for highlighting our breakfast, rooms and service. We apologize for the noise, please let us know on your next visit that you prefer a room away from the elevator, so you can enjoy a peaceful night. We look forward welcoming you back to our property.

Reviewed 9 September 2021

Good morning,

I hope this email will be an eye opener for your hotel. I’ve been coming to Barceló just about every month for the last 5 months and it’s been a phenomenal experience until this week. The service has always been great especially the breakfast team. However, this time has been quite a disappointment. I write this email so that the management would receive constructive criticism. If I experienced this, I am sure I am not the only guest.

Striker’s service was terrible one night. My husband and friend waited 15 minutes to receive menus (it was not busy) just to be met with an attitude. We all come from a service industry background, so this is not acceptable. There was no friendly smile or warm greeting (breakfast team is much preferred).

Housekeeping - one night my son accidentally stained a bed sheet. It is customary where if the sheets are pulled off the bed and left on the floor, that is a sign it needs to be replaced with new ones. However after breakfast I come back to the room only to find the same dirty sheets back on the bed. The stain was in the same position as when I pull the sheets off. This was late rectified when I believe a supervisor over head my husband talking to the housekeeper and she came back to replace everything.

On the next day, as I go to the bathroom to put down the floor towel, it is still dirty! I mean it was wet and black with shoe stains. The floor mat was folded inside out and placed back on to the bathtub. This only leads me to believe that any bath towels left on the floor might not have been replaced and simply put back on the racks - this is absolutely unfathomable. I’m still in shock that Barcelo’s standards and expectations have dropped so much! Employees need to be better trained. I tipped the housekeepers daily wanting to take care of them knowing the work they do is of significant importance to guests and I am truly disappointed.

Parking - we always drive to and from Barceló and one particular night, as soon as the attendant saw that we were coming in for the night - he blocks the entrance to the first floor parking. Why would he do that? His reasoning was “it’s full”. I understand there is a portion that is reserved for Diplomats. I gave him the benefit of doubt maybe it really was full. Once I parked downstairs in P2, as I was coming to to P1, there were 5 spots available! What reason would he (Oswaldo) have to do that? Even when the lot was full at times the attendants never blocked off the entrance. His response was not very pleasant.

I strongly believe that employees are a direct representation of the company and this experience was horrifying. It will be difficult to decide to return to Barceló again in the future.

The best part was the service from the breakfast team every morning.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Ilsie Mercadillo, Guest Services / Front Office at Barcelo San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write in detail about your recent experience in our hotel. We are deeply sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. I sincerely apologize that we let you down regarding the room cleanliness, Strikers service and parking lot. Your satisfaction is important to us, rest assured that your feedback will be helpful to give additional training in the level of cleanliness required to meet the hotel standards and to improve our service.

Thank you in advance for your continued trust, we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2021

Very nice hotel, stayed 5 nights in the hotel and every single moment was a pleasure, since the Reception, restaurants, room service until we left we experience very good atmosphere.
Thanks to all the staff Specially Ericka at the restaurant, my 10 years old daughter was very confortable with her.

Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
Ilsie Mercadillo, Guest Services / Front Office at Barcelo San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2021

Dear Guest, We greatly appreciate the time you spent to review your recent experience in our hotel, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We will share your comments with our team, especially Erika. This feedback will encourage our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 29 August 2021

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at this hotel and we were both very pleased with everyone and everything during our whole stay. The members of their Staff are extremely professional and friendly, their service is outstanding, and the buffet breakfast could not be better. We would like to highly commend all the attendants at the Reception Desk, specially the two gentlemen named Alejandro, one of them checked us in and the other one checked us out. Our most sincere gratefulness to Jorge Alexander, Nelson and Cristobal for helping us with the luggage or whenever we needed some information or advice. Rosmary in House Keeping was also very efficient and pleasant, she always had a smile in her face. Once more, we thank every single employee in this hotel for doing such a magnificent job, FELICIDADES A TODOS!!!!!!

1  Thank vacationJan2010
Ilsie Mercadillo, Guest Services / Front Office at Barcelo San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2021

Dear Guest,
We greatly appreciate the time you spent to review your recent experience in our hotel. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our great location and services at Barceló San Salvador, we always strive to exceed guests' expectations and your comments will help our team reach that goal. We will share your comments with our team, especially both Alejandros', Alexander, Nelson Cristobal and Rosmery. We look forward to seeing you and your family on your next visit to San Salvador.

Reviewed 18 August 2021

Nice and friendly staff. They do really care about customers. I enjoyed my stay at the hotel and would be more than happy to visit once again. I will highly recommend. Location is very convenient, several restaurants and stores around the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
Ilsie Mercadillo, Guest Services / Front Office at Barcelo San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2021

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing this great review of your recent stay at Barceló San Salvador. We are thrilled that you have enjoyed your stay and certainly agree that our dedicated staff plays a key role to our guests overall experience, we will make sure to share your positive comment with the team. We look forward welcoming you back to our property.