Barcelo San Salvador(San Salvador)
US$83
US$61
Hotels.com
US$53
Hotel Marela(San Salvador)
US$75
Alojamiento El Salvador Guest House(San Salvador)(Great Value!)
US$35
Orbitz.com
US$95
US$85
Hotels.com
Alicante Hotel(San Salvador)
US$65
Travelocity
Cinco Hotel B&B(San Salvador)
US$60
US$63
Ali"s Downtown(San Salvador)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsla granhotel is locatedshopping areamovie theatergreat hotelspecial shoutbreakfast buffetlocal favoriteswalking distancesafe locationwould definitely stay here againrooms are cleanfront desk staffolive gardenking bedgran villael sal
Reviewed 23 December 2017

In a city where hotel options seem pretty thin on the ground, big chains seem like the safest bet. I can’t really say too much about the place as we were only there for one night but the Marriott Courtyard delivered exactly the kind of solid, no-frills experience Marriott Courtyards the world over deliver (but special shout-out for the bed which was very comfy).

Two tips: (i) use Uber to get around. (ii) if like us, you wanted some good, local food, hit Topics Margoth for your pups fix. It’s a chain and has some fast-food vibes, but we thought it was brilliant and exactly the kind of authentic, local experience we were after.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
AnaRo126, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott San Salvador, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2017

Dear guest, thanks for taking the time in sharing your comments in Trip Advisor,we appreciated them. As a Marriott brand one of our priorities is comply with the Courtyard standards.Thank you again for your time and come visit us again soon!

Regards,

Anabell Romero
Courtyard by Marriott San Salvador

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Upon arriving at the hotel earlier than expected (checking time was at 3pm) from a long flight. The front desk associate made one of the two rooms we reserved, available for an early check in at no extra charge (we did have to wait for the other room). We settle down our bags in the double bed room and it accommodated all of our luggage without cramping the room much (mind you, we were six travelers and a ton of bags). Once the other room became available, and some of the bags were taken to the other room, we realized it was a decent size room (considering how small everything is in El Salvador, damn rooms felt like a presidential suite :p).

We headed out to explore the amenities of the hotel and surrounding area. The heated pool was nice, a bit on the small side, but then again, I was not there to practice for a swimming competition (it cool me and my family off, considering how freaking hot it was, and there was hardly anyone using it, BONUS points). The computer area was nice, only one computer attached to the printer (really??? WTH???) the bar and multi use restaurant had decent food in the over priced range (I find hard to justify $12.00 bucks per person for breakfast when I can walk into the mall and spend $30 for 6 people and a ton of delicious food).

The bar is the highlight of the Hotel, you can get premium liquor there (at premium prices of course), but well worth it. Had several drinks there and they are generous with the drinks, which in my opinion makes it worth the price. One can always purchase liquor at the Selectos grocery store inside the mall Cascada (just a short walk away from the hotel, about a block away from Gran via shopping mall).

The staff was awesome, from the security guy outside the door to the housekeeper. Every one made you feel extremely welcome, that to me makes me want to go back to that hotel. They have a small Gym, laundry room with free detergent at the front desk. My biggest problem would be that they do not replaced the used glass cups with clean one. I had to keep asking to bring some to the room, I don't care for paper or Styrofoam cups when I'm having a drink. Another drawback was having to go down to the second floor for ice (that is the only place where they have an ice machine), but then again, I always called for ice and tipped the guy a buck for his trouble (they were extremely generous with the ice).

Overall its a nice centrally located property that is close to the city center and other locations, for the 10 days I was there with the family it was a nice place to be. Time flew by and it was time to head back home, I had to pay an extra $25.00 to have a late check out (4PM), which was worth it considering we needed to be at the airport by 6PM.

Room Tip: Top floor offers the best views of the property.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2017

This hotel is located on a safe area of San Salvador. A mall is across street, and two other malls are located within a (safe) walking distance.

Rooms are decent spacious and pretty good equipped, and super clean. The AC system is ... well, functioning but absolutely noisy.

There is a smallish swimming pool in the backyard, but majority of the area is not that nice-looking.

Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Wonderful stay and great big clean rooms. The staff was incredibly helpful and everything was attended to. The breakfast was a descent mix of local favorites and American eats. The pool and gym were nice and the surrounding area was a nice walk around shops and restaurants. Will stay again!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2017

I was in San Salvador for 8 days for business and choosing the Courtyard was a great idea. It is located right next to La Gran Via, a half open half roofed mall and is within walking distance from Multiplaza, another big mall.
The room was great with a king bed and a place with a couch. Great internet and cable TV. The gym was very well provided with 3 running machines and several other workout machines.
The people that worked here were all very nice and worried about making your stay comfortable. The only downside is that the breakfast is not included and it is pretty expensive ($17) as an extra. Considering the prices in El Salvador, this was a little too much.
I really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business