US$89
Hyatt.com
Airport X Managua Hotel(Managua)(Great Value!)
US$41
US$117
US$89
Priceline
US$59
La Bicicleta Hostal(Managua)(Great Value!)
US$30
Managua Hills Bed and Breakfast(Managua)(Great Value!)
US$37
US$75
Hostal Monte Cristi(Managua)(Great Value!)
US$30
All reviewssafe neighborhoodlast nightvia emailresidential areaonly stayed one nightan oasisairport pickuphome away from homehot watermanfredpiramideramsesdrivernicaraguaflighthuembesac
Reviewed 22 April 2015

Our short 1 night stay was Perfection in Service!
-Taxi awaiting at the airport
-Taxi driver took us to a local market on our way to the hotel
-Staff recommended a wonderful restaurant and dropped me us off at the restaurant & picked us up
-We wanted coffee & rum for our families and they took us to the supermarket to get some
-We enjoyed a cup of Jamaica juice at our arrival

The hotel needs a little updating, but the service & comfort overrode that.

We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2015

I was traveling from San Carlos to Managua to bring my puppy too a vet in Managua and La Pyramide was one of few hotels that allowed dogs. I made the reservation last minute and via e-mail and got a response within minutes. I arrived late at night at the bus station and was a little nervous because Managua is dangerous at night and I was traveling alone. Samuel is one of the hotel's drivers and he was there within 5 minutes of my arrival. I got in about an hour early and called him and he came quickly. Samuel was very friendly and we chatted the whole ride to the hotel (about 20 minutes). We spoke in Spanish, but I think he also knows some English. He had a very nice car and it had AC too!. When we arrived at the hotel, the front desk guy helped me with my bags and brought me straight to my room. He even brought me a free juice. The room was gorgeous with high ceilings, 2 large and very comfy beds, a couch, 2 chairs and a desk. There is also a mini fridge with beer, juice, soda, water and snacks - each for about $1. The bathroom was very nice too, with a large, tiled shower and lots of space. They provided soaps, a razor and plenty of towels! The bathroom had hot water and the room had AC that worked wonders. There is also in room free WiFi. My puppy loved the furry rugs and I slept great. In the morning I got to choose between pancakes, eggs or cereal. I chose eggs and they came with fruit, coffee and toast. We (me and my dog) ate on the roof deck. The owner, Manfred, stopped by to check on us at breakfast and ask what our plans were for the day and how the breakfast was. After breakfast, Manfred drove us all over Managua to get to the vet and made sure we had everything before he headed back. In all, we had a great stay. It was very clean, in a safe neighborhood, the service was excellent (especially Manfred), the room was wonderful and we'll be back! Cost: total was about 2,000 cordobas so about $80 for the night but that included the ride from the bus station (about $25) which is expensive, but at night it's the best and safest choice. We also got a free ride to the vet and breakfast is included so $80 is a very good price!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Layne W
Reviewed 6 April 2015

Small hotel located in a residential area of Managua with spacious, comfortable rooms! The staff and specially the owner are very nice and helpful and made our short stay in La Pirámide very enjoyable.
The rooms have AC and hot water and the breakfast included in the price is quite nice. Theu even had coffee and some fruits ready for my friend who left for the airport at 5 am.
Although it is not too close to the airport (17km away), taxis can be arranged directly with them for 20 USD.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Korphe
Reviewed 30 March 2015

We only stayed one night at La Pyramide but really enjoyed our short stay there. This was mainly due to Manfred, the owner, who is absolutely delightful, really helpful and friendly and knows how to make you feel at home. The hotel itself is a little odd - as the name implies it's pyramid shaped and the decor is very dated, very 1980s. If it was anywhere else I'd say it was badly in need of refurbishing, but strangely it seemed completely right for La Pyramide. The room and bathroom was quite basic, but clean and we had everything we needed. Breakfast was very good and served on a small, pleasant terrace. The hotel is in a very safe part of town. There are good restaurants close by and it's OK to walk there after dark as most of the houses have security guards sitting outside. Manfred was very helpful with advice on where to go and arranged for us to be picked up and dropped off at the bus station. There were cheaper options in Managua but La Pyramide was worth the money for the safe location and most of all for the wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chiora
Reviewed 27 March 2015

Upon meeting Manfred, you understand why people keep coming back here to stay. He and his staff are there to assist you on anything you need. From the home cooked breakfast (Naca tamales) or other foods, to their willingness to drive you around Sharon or Manfredo also make good tour guides. The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. The location is in a good location, safe and centrally located.

Room Tip: There is wifi in the common areas.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple