US$110
US$100
AC Hotels
Hotel Coral Suites(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$56
US$149
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$50
Crowne Plaza Panama(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$77
Albrook Inn(Panama City)
US$50
US$58
TripAdvisor
US$233
  • Pool
The Bristol Panama Hotel(Panama City)
US$159
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We have stayed a few days in this hotel and all went fine. The rooms have a safe box and air cond and even though it is a little noisy we could sleep perfectly. The only thing I missed was shampoo but it was easily solved asking the staff who was really friendly and that it is not easy at all to find in Panama. Don't expect a luxury hotel but for that prize it is really a good deal, breakfast was great too.
Location is fair enough, a big supermarket just in front and close to financial centre. Rooms are average size and the furniture seemed quite new. If you are looking for a place to sleep without wasting money this is definately the place

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
jcblanco, Manager at Hotel Benidorm, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Dear Jose, thank you for your review. As you have noticed we have recently refurbished the hotel completely, so all the furniture and certain amenities (such as the in-house safe deposit boxes) are all brand new to enhance the comfort and safety of our guests. Best regards and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

I have stayed at the Benidorm several times over a lengthy period of time. The internet is included in the price, the location is great, very central and right across the street from a supermarket. Public transport to anywhere in the city, and the service has always been great, in its very personal Panamanian way. I love walking from there to Casco Antiguo and the pizza served in the restaurant is a classic, specially with the famous "aji chombo".
The sounds coming from the streets are no different than in any other hotel, place, apartment, etc., there's no point complaining about that fact, Panama is what it is. The management are always there to give sound advice on how to move around in the city and save the tourists from fraudulent taxi fares. I have experienced my stay in the Benidorm friendlier and with better services than in other higher range hotels. I warmly recommend it to lone travelers and families alike.

Room Tip: Second and third floor rooms are best. I specially like the 320s.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
jcblanco, Gerente at Hotel Benidorm, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Dear Maaret C, It make us very happy to know that you enjoyed your visit. It is important for everyone in our staff to comply the service expectatives that our guestes require.

As we are located in a strategic location, with lots of stores, restaurants and hotels around, we have installed doubled paned windows to reduce the noise level that comes from the street. Besides we have several rooms located in the back part of the building that are very quiet and peaceful.

Thank you very much for your comments

Reviewed 9 March 2013

We spent 1 night in this hotel. The rooms were clean, and they are relative big. The air condition system is loud, but we didn't use it. Ask for a room on the 2nd, 3rd floor, on the first floor you don't have real windows. (You have, but they look not so good). We were in the room 316 and it was ok.
The staff is nice, but they don't speak English, only Spanish. With Italian I could manage everything. :)
Opposite the street there is a big supermarket, where you can buy everything.
There is a free WiFi in the hotel.

Don't miss to travel with the old styled busses, they are worth trying it. :) I enjoyed it a lot.

Check out is at 2 pm.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hungariangirl22
jcblanco, Gerente at Hotel Benidorm, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Dear hungariangirl22, thank you to get some time to review our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
As in Panama it is sometimes difficult to hire personnel which is fluent in a second language, someone of the managing staff (which are fluent in spanish, english and portuguese) is usually around to help our guests with their inquiries. If you have any translation problem ask for the manager and we will be glad to assist you.
Regarding the old fashioned buses, called "diablos rojos", people should better hurry up if they want to use them because they are supposed to be leaving the transport system in May 2013.
Best Regards

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Pro: free internet, good location, nice service people, large supermarket on the other side of the street, aircondition

Contra: in room 321 I had bedbugs or fleas (maybe because they allow animals), air condition is loud and you can hear the street (busses, honking cars)

If the beds were clear without bedbugs or fleas the hotel would be OK.

Room Tip: try to avoid 321. somehow 2. floor might be better.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Noel_DE
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Each hotel is in a class or range.......... those going to the Sheraton after first trying the Benidorm, should not really write a review......... I mean, one person had ASKED for a cheap hotel............ then went to the Sheraton? discard that one please!

I use the Benidorm many times a year.......... I live in Panama now and whn I come to town, I would rather use my hard earned money on the things I want to buy, and not see it evaporate while I am sleeping. So, the Benidorm fits that bill with five stars............. I am NOT comparing it to a Sheraton or Hilton, which would surely give it two or three stars, no, I am comparing it to others in its class.......... it then really is 5 stars........

I see the problems when I stay there, it could use new tile, the shower doors could slide easier, the rooms on the inside of the hotel I don't stay in because they are darker but then, they are used almost exclusively by workers and companies who have to put up their guys and all they need are beds and showers......... so perfect for them.......... 5 stars because it is cheap and does the trick.........

We get special rates here, like being retired (Jubilado) and know not to ask for inside rooms. The street die rooms are a little noisy but if youa re tired, you will sleep just fine since the AC should drown out any little street noise (which si mostly the RED DEVILS.... the old school buses running from about 7 AM to 10 PM... but they are quickly being replaced by modern metro buses that are quiet.

The Benidorm has security cameras on every floor, good security and limited entrance for guests only.......... you can't bring an unregistered guest in............ the maids always smiling as does everyone else but then tha is why many of us moved from the US to here........ to get away from rushing nervous demading types and learn to be more patient, slower to react, more polite....

I would say if you are from the US especially, and don't have a lot of international third world travel under your belt, then the Benidorms charms will be totally lost on you............... so don't go unless you are willing to really take it as a learning experience and place you can use to practice being patient, understanding how the vast majority of the world really lives.......... and are happy with it.......... Basically really simplifying your standards....... finding the good in what you experience and not looking for the bad..............

I mean, when you want an apple, why would you buy an orange............... then write a review that says the orange didn't taste like an apple?

The Benidorm is an apple............ a good apple at that........ I hope you can simply stay there and make friends with the staff and owner as I have had the pleasure to.

By the way, and I am taking a real risk by telling you this, but the owner Jose, will allow you to leave your car parked in the underground parking area, while you are away on vacation, if you stay the night before you leave and use his transportaion to and from the airport........

There are a few other hotels that also allow this, but they cost $70 to $90 and up per night. The Benidorm rates are as low as below $20 depending upon your group makeup, status, resident or not, etc........ If you travel a lot, please try not to make it so that I now can't park there when I leave........... but it was only fair to let you know.

The restaurant next door, as an aside, will modify meals to suit your taste........ They offer a steak parmigiana only but I ask them to substitute for chicken and no problem........... had a huge plate of fried rice once, could not eat it all, so they refrigerated it for me and heated it up the next day for no charge, service, utensils, cleaning............ NO Additional charge! Does the Sheraton restaurant do that for you!!!!! ????

5 stars!!!!!

Regarding the location, it is not for everyone so be advised......... it is like maybe a slower version of 42nd street was in New York 20 years ago......... but it is safe if you don't go into dark places etc. There are some street walkers but I have never been bothered by them. They seem to wait for the person who is looking for them, and not the other way around. I mean, same thing, know what you are looking before before you buy it.......... that way you will not be disappointed!

To each his own! Live on Benidorm!!

Room Tip: Ask for a centrally located room on the front face of the hotel........ you get more light, you get better wireless reception since the routers are centrally located in the halls........ and check the shower as soon as you enter the room for total function of hot and cold.......... other than that, all rooms are the same on that side..........
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business