Lowest prices for your stay
US$29
Hotels.com
US$29
Trip.com
US$26
FindHotelUS$29
TravelocityUS$29
CheapTicketsUS$29
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2015

A truly good place to stay is not necessarily one where no incidents occur but, rather, how the staff and management handle problems when they do arise... And they will arise sometimes no matter how many stars a hotel has. The staff and management of Hotel Benidorm are certainly poised and classy in dealing with the small irritants of life that sometimes occur. The staff is delightful and the manager is communicative and candid in his dealings with guests. That candid approached is very much appreciated by this traveler. The room was clean, the a/c worked (although a bit loudly), the staff helpful. The incident I reference was a result of my frustration with the key card not always working. The problem was that the staff members do not speak English. The solution was that the manager, who does speak very good English called me and explained the problem. Problem solved and I made some friends. Good place to stay and in one of my favorite neighborhoods, Caledonia. The hotel is also less than half a block from the super mercado (grocery store) and across the street from one of the cities casinos. Icing on the cake - - -walking distance to the fish market and excellent ceviche. All of that at an economy price, including breakfast!

Date of stay: February 2015
1  Thank craigmyr
Reviewed 12 February 2015

This place is not renovated like it says. It is in a dangerous part of town but because there is a police station on the corner it is considered safe. The staff were nothing special. One front desk lady spoke english (i speak english and my friend speaks both english and spanish) but refused to speak to me in english but would tell other people in english that she was not talking to me. So rude. Another of the front desk agents was great - she checked us in at 5am when arrived after an overnight bus trip from Bocas. We were scared about being on the streets so early in the morning and she let us check into our room right away. We didn't have any concerns about our security while we were there. There is a security guy that stays at hotel overnight and made my friend feel much safer when she would go out for a smoke. There is a breakfast in the morning but once a week the breakfast is across the street and is a bit of a hassle to get to. Overall, I would return as the value was great - just keep your expectations low.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2014

I arrived in Panama at around 1am to find Benidorm ...It is in the middle of the Shopping district and soo much is happening around the location.Casinos next door and many more hotels in this area.
The staff was very helpful and security was quite high especially after 9pm .
There are a few eateries nearby and even local bus service pass a few feet away.

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Belizebwai
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Needs some rehab and a good coat of paint. Basic hotel, noisy due to traffic. I did not find the location all that bad. I could walk to the old city or downtown or take a taxi for $3 to $5 dollars

Most likely I will not return but for the price I felt safe just wish it was better maintained

Room tip: Sometimes you get what you pay for.
Date of stay: July 2014
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I was there in December for a couple of days and the first room was sparse. No hot water and the air conditioner remote consisted of unplugging the unit from an unprotected, uncovered receptacle. No screens on windows and pretty noisy. I could not get the safe to open and after the receptionist mocked me for not being able to figure out why, the manager finally came and decided to give me another room because the batteries in the safe were low and it was not functioning correctly. The rooms were clean and the beds were okay but I feel anything over $30 is too high for the spartan surroundings. I went across the street to the Veracruz which has a decent restaurant downstairs and they showed me a nicer room for only $25 a night. I will stay there next time.

Room tip: The neighborhood is fairly safe and this is within one block of a large supermarket (El Rey).
Date of stay: December 2013