Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
LeMeridien.comUS$105
Booking.comUS$105
Agoda.comUS$105
1,347 results
All reviews front desk balboa avenue club lounge upgraded to a suite panama rodriguez jose gym uber ships
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 November 2021

My husband and I stayed at the Le Meridien Panama City for a long stay. We were in Room 301 Diamond Suite. I am also a Marriot Bonvoy Gold Elite Member.

I had difficulty in contact the hotel from day one, After getting in touch the Marriot I finally got hold of the General Manager Andrea Gozalez. I wanted her to arrange few things including the airport pickup. During our trip to Panama, we had an issue with one of the flights then had to stopover in Mexico City for the night. Due to this our arrival got delayed until the next day. I sent a mail to the hotel the moment I knew about the flight cancellation as I knew the Airport Pick-Up Driver will be waiting and I wanted to avoid this. I had no reply or acknowledgement to my urgent email. I then had to call my Lawyer in Panama City and she finally got hold of Dalia from Front Office informed of her the situation to arrange the airport pick up for the next day.

When we arrived at the hotel around 11am we were given a very cold welcome by Dalia. Not even a simple greeting as good morning. .. she said give me your passports!

We knew from that moment our stay is going to be fun with the rude woman at the Front Desk. Our Suite was spacious and nice. I specifically requested our Suite to be away from Lifts/Elevators due to our travelling and me being a light sleeper.

After we checked in all we wanted was to sleep as we were travelling for 3 days, and we had 10 hours’ time difference between Panama and our original destination. We had the Do Not Disturb sign on. After about 2 hours someone was at the door ringing the bell and knocking on the door. We were too tired to get up so stayed in bed thinking whoever is at the door will leave since there is no answer but to our surprise the person entered the room and we got up to check who it was. The Housekeeping staff with 2 toilet paper rolls was in the dining area and as soon as she saw us, she said she wanted to come and say hello !! what an ignorant person. We told her never to enter if the is DND and she should know better. I sent a thank you email Andrea Gonsalez for the Suit although I did not highlight the incident with the Rude Woman Dalia at the Front Desk or the ignorant Housekeeper.

The breakfast was very basic nothing special. We couldn’t use the Executive Lounge because the hotel was almost empty. We had to pay 2 for 1 for drinks although the Executive Lounge benefits should have been included in the deal nut no.

The Hotel had about 10 guests at any given day during our entire stay but even with a such a low occupancy also an empty hotel in other words. During our entire stay the General Manager never came to say hello to us. The hotel was occupied by Seamen from different ships that was passing Panama Canal. They would come early morning and finish the breakfast buffet before the actual / paying guests come down.

Our Suite had no slippers, never provided tea, coffee, Kettle, or fruits. No welcome gifts or a welcome note from the Hotel managemenr. Some days we had no shampoo or amenities. I had to chase down the housekeeping staff to ask them. We left notes in the master bathroom but realaised the staff doesn’t understand English. No Laundry bags were ever provided I had to wash few clothes by hand as at this point I was tired of begging and asking for amenities from the staff.

The only person who showed us little kindness was Ruby. After speaking to the Front Desk few times, we finally managed to get coffee and tea with a kettle but they totally forgot to give us cups. We were given 2 cups but never replenished until our check-out.

Our Suite had a good view and was really spacious but getting a good sleep is impossible. The Suite is facing the Main Road, Balboa Avenue the traffic is nonstop. I can honestly say the 1 week we spent my husband and I stayed wide awake due to the traffic noise. We managed to pass time with our Netflix subscription.

Not recommended and will definitely not return.

Room tip: Avoid The Rooms Facing Avenue Balboa due to heavy nonstop traffic noise. Very loud.
Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 31 October 2021

The good: Was upgraded to a suite and had daily breakfast as a Bonvoy Platinum member, lobby and inside areas look modern and well-decorated, room was comfortable with a big bathroom, plush bathrobes, empty mini-fridge to put your own beverages inside, pool on the sixth floor, staff were nice, fast check-out.

The bad: After arriving in the late afternoon, check-in took a while because they had upgraded to a single bed but my reservation stated two beds so we waited in the lobby for about 20 minutes, no bellhop due to COVID-19, no Club Lounge due to COVID-19, no valet parking due to COVID-19, it's self-parking on a run-down uncovered parking lot next to the hotel but careful not to go into what looks like parking inside the building as it's not for guests but signage is not clear especially at night, no skim milk during breakfast (only regular and lactose-free), the two containers of cereal were both plain corn flakes.

The ugly: There was no hot water in the shower one late morning, requested no room cleaning at check-in but maid came in while we were away, called to remind no cleaning but maid kept knocking on the door at 10:30am the next day (she said she was not told and the room did not have a "do not disturb" sign but she found one and placed on the door), no tea/coffee maker in the room, no Panamanian food during breakfast (for example, tortillas or carimañolas).

1  Thank MBWorldTraveller
Reviewed 25 October 2021 via mobile

Hotel was decent and nice.. food served in the restaurant by Alejandro urena , my favourite Diana, and alejandriya , Raul are very good at there service.. nice and comfortable stay . Service needs to fast.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2021 via mobile

Excellent service on check in. Always good service at breakfast and friendly front desk staff. Very positive experience! I highly recommend. Hotel is close to everything and convenient to all the must sees in Panama City. Well worth the money.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2021

We had a very nice extended stay; the staff way always very helpful. Joyce at the front desk was very welcoming from the moment I arrived till the day I left. The dinning room staff was very attentive and a shout out to Alejandro always there to accommodate my needs. Over all a great place to spend some time, rooms always clean and kept extra towel in the room.

Room tip: You can get a suite in this hotel on extended stay for about the price of a regular room in other comparable hotels.
Date of stay: September 2021