“Great little b&b in a great location!”

Mediterranean Dreams
Ranked #17 of 79 Panama City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 January 2013

My husband, myself, and our pastor stayed at Mediterranean Dreams for 3 nights this past October (2012). We tried to be as frugal as possible while in Panama so I searched and searched for hotels, hostels, and b&bs in Panama before booking anything. I am SO THANKFUL I came across Mediterranean Dreams in my search! I had our contact in Panama check out the location before we booked and he gave a huge thumbs up for location and for the amazing couple that runs the place. Alejandro and Irene are terrific hosts! Alejandro speaks terrific English and knows the area very well if you are looking for suggestions or 'insider tips.' It is a 7 room b&b. The rooms are pretty basic but exactly as advertised. We had a small tv, a window unit a/c, alarm clock, chair, desk, lamp with nightstand, and fan in our room. The bathroom is somewhat small but the shower was warm! If you've never traveled to this part of the world don't be afraid of the showers. They have electric shower heads. They basically are external tankless water heaters that sit right on top of the shower head so the water is heated just before coming out of the shower head. It looks a little questionable if you've never seen it before, but it actually did a great job at keeping the water hot throughout the shower!
Alejandro does a great job for breakfast each morning. It's different everyday, but don't expect buffet-style or 5-star restaurant. With that said though, we enjoyed it every morning and were full when we were finished! He also serves fresh fruit and great coffee every morning as well. He even gave us an extra banana one morning so we could take it with us on our excursion to see the little monkeys that live in the trees near Ancon Hill. Alejandro also always met us when we got back every night with a glass of water and a pitcher for our room.

So, in short, overall Mediterranean Dreams is an EXCELLENT choice if you're looking to stay in Panama on a budget. Alejandro and Irene are excellent hosts and will treat you just like family while you stay there! I'd highly recommend it and we look forward to staying there again on our future trips to Panama!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank csthomas07

Reviewed 25 December 2012

Placed on a quiet street in the city this hotel is easy to find for a newcomer to Panama, especially if one stay for more than one night. The owner is extremely helpful in every respect. The only inconvenience we found was not properly working A/C in one of the rooms (we spent several nights in two different rooms). The hotel provides very nice garden in its backyard, which is good for birding and wildlife photography, in case you are interested.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2012

We stayed 3 nights. Owners Alejandro & wife are super nice and helpful. Room is good size, bed was ok, a/c is included, nice clean washroom. Modest breakfast is included and served in the beautiful garden out back. Although the location is a bit far from the water, Casco viejo and Panama viejo taxis are cheap and plentiful. One plus of the location is that it's just across the street from a 24 hour supermarket and there are also many restos both cheap and mid range within a 5 minute walk.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This review is well over due- sorry Med Dreams! I travelled to Panama early this year with my mate and part of my stay was at Med Dreams. My experience of this accommodation far exceeded my expectations of a small B&B hotel. The owner of the establishment and his wife was extremely friendly and very helpful and easy to talk to. He talked to my friend and I about different aspects and traditions of Panama, including do’s and don’t when travelling around the city. He could not be more helpful. I have travelled extensively and have been to few places where I have felt welcome and experienced the personal touch you don’t get with the larger chain hotels. The accommodation was clean, comfortable and close to resturants, bars and transport (Buses). I highly recommend this accommodation and would like to thank the owner (who’s name escapes me- SORRY!) for a great stay.

Karl

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Mediterranean dreams is located in a busy and bustling area of Panama City. Buses are right around the corner and we found it a very easy way to get around. Alexandro is a knowledgable and really friendly host, who will happy to answer all your questions. Rooms are simple and clean. Our room didn't have any windows, which I found a shame. There is a nice terrace which overlooks the city. A good place to open a few beers and enjoy city sounds. Alexandro speaks english fluently, which was very convenient. Definitely a good place to stay, if you're not looking for luxury. A simple breakfast was included and we had a great time in Mediterranean Dreams! Ask Alexandro to arrange a taxi if you need one, he will make sure you don't get ripped off.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple