My husband, myself, and our pastor stayed at Mediterranean Dreams for 3 nights this past October (2012). We tried to be as frugal as possible while in Panama so I searched and searched for hotels, hostels, and b&bs in Panama before booking anything. I am SO THANKFUL I came across Mediterranean Dreams in my search! I had our contact in Panama check out the location before we booked and he gave a huge thumbs up for location and for the amazing couple that runs the place. Alejandro and Irene are terrific hosts! Alejandro speaks terrific English and knows the area very well if you are looking for suggestions or 'insider tips.' It is a 7 room b&b. The rooms are pretty basic but exactly as advertised. We had a small tv, a window unit a/c, alarm clock, chair, desk, lamp with nightstand, and fan in our room. The bathroom is somewhat small but the shower was warm! If you've never traveled to this part of the world don't be afraid of the showers. They have electric shower heads. They basically are external tankless water heaters that sit right on top of the shower head so the water is heated just before coming out of the shower head. It looks a little questionable if you've never seen it before, but it actually did a great job at keeping the water hot throughout the shower!
Alejandro does a great job for breakfast each morning. It's different everyday, but don't expect buffet-style or 5-star restaurant. With that said though, we enjoyed it every morning and were full when we were finished! He also serves fresh fruit and great coffee every morning as well. He even gave us an extra banana one morning so we could take it with us on our excursion to see the little monkeys that live in the trees near Ancon Hill. Alejandro also always met us when we got back every night with a glass of water and a pitcher for our room.
So, in short, overall Mediterranean Dreams is an EXCELLENT choice if you're looking to stay in Panama on a budget. Alejandro and Irene are excellent hosts and will treat you just like family while you stay there! I'd highly recommend it and we look forward to staying there again on our future trips to Panama!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mediterranean Dreams is a Bed and Breakfast located in the center of Panama, have seven bedrooms, two with shared facilities and five suites with private bathroom each one is a fruit. Breakfast is included in the price and have dinner an additional service based on Mediterranean diet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mediterranean Dreams reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Dreams Hotel Panama City
- Mediterranean Dreams Panama/Panama City