“I'd Give 6 Stars if I Could!”
Review of Los Anos Locos

Los Anos Locos
Ranked #70 of 1,202 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2017

I have to say that this was definitely hands-down one of my best meals in Panama to date! We went during Carnaval time, so I was told the restaurant was very quiet compared to the usual long wait to get in. We were there among only a few other tables.

This place is known for its meat, so that's what I stuck with! lol. We ordered a pitcher of Sangria and I had the Portabello Mushroom Tenderloin, which also comes with their salad bar.

The salad bar is small, however, pretty much offers all the basics that you'd like. Definitely not worth the $8 if you were paying for it separately. But as part of the meal, it was a great start. As for the tenderloin, I was definitely not disappointed. I like my steaks medium and it was cooked to perfection! I'm also not generally a sauce guy when it comes to steaks, however, they had a couple appealing ones so I decided to give them a try and they were delicious! So this will come down to a personal preference. I also ordered a side of mashed potatoes, which were equally tasty. And the Sangria, well just get one and you'll see!!

For dessert, I decided to try the Oreo Cheesecake, and it was absolutely delicious!

All in all, it was a fantastic meal with incredibly attentive service! I will definitely be returning soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Fornyears I have been frequenting this place, from its former location just behind the Sheraton hotel, and the quality of the food has been maintained at a very high level. For me it's the best meat place in Panama.
The wine list is good, maybe a bit expensive, the service very friendly.
The place is perfectly recommendable for carnivores like me.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

My second time dining here, this was a disaster. The service was terrible, nothing was served correctly or on time after several requests. Examples, sat down and immediately ordered 2 drinks. Later ordered appetizers, appetizers arrive long before the drinks do. The place is empty at 11:00 pm. Bring wrong meals. 3 requests for another drink. 4 requests for cheese to top the bland pasta, finally arrived with two bites left. The bill however was brought rapidly. Wont be returning. This restaurant is not keeping up with the great competition arriving in Panama City. Old and tired.

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

Walked in after a long jungle/ river tour , looking a bit disheveled. Got seated right away, they have menus in English ( I struggle a bit with Spanish). The service was excellent,prompt and attentive . The wine choices were vast, settled on a Argentine Malbec (not over priced either) food was quick from the kitchen, decent portions well prepared and again not over priced.
This is a great restaurant ,well worth the time to check out.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Los Años Locos are always a great option to go out for lunch or dinner, and its new restaurant at Costa del Este is no exception. It has three main rooms to choose from: a cozy area for a more intimate dinner, a more informal room for the whole family and a superb open terrace.

We ordered the Parrillada Años Locos which is always a safe bet, white sangria, "ceviche de pulpo y de corvina" and a delicious lemon pie for closure.

A classic that never go out of style.