Hotel Coral Suites(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$56
Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$108
  • Restaurant
US$127
US$140
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 June 2013

it was the first time I was in Panama. it was the summer of 2011. after a long transoceanic flight it was a pleasure to be back in the earth. the first point at which I encountered in Panama, after the airport, of course, was precisely at this hotel. I immediately liked the Latin American style in which it is issued. spacious rooms, wooden furniture, national ornaments. and totally urban views. this is where I realized that Panama - a dynamic and fairly modern country. skyscrapers, concrete, glass and steel. but it was later. and in that moment I was more than just nice to feel comfortable hotel room and enjoy a fairly hearty breakfast the next morning.

Room Tip: choose a higher floor, the view of the coast and skyscrapers is stunning
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank rasta d
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Stayed here for five weeks on a trip related to work. Overall it wasn't a bad experience, as the location is very good, and it's definitely a safe accommodation in an expensive city. For the price it seemed bit run down, the walls were very thin, and things like the bathroom sink were damaged and falling off the wall. Plus, whenever guests from other suites were smoking, the ventilation system would draw the smoke into our room. The A/C worked well, the pool area wasn't too bad, and it was also nice to be able to look out onto the city from the rooftop.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The location of this hotel is ideal....within walking distance to MultiCentro on Avenue Balboa, Via Espana and about 1 mile to MultiPlaza Mall. I enjoy walking so walked from Multiplaza. It can be a harrowing experience walking in Panama City; and you do so at your own risk. No Joke there is slight regard for pedestrians there! Tower House suites is two doors down from Las Tinajas a popular Panamanian restaurant that has a show featuring cultural dances on certain nights of the week. There is evidence of repairs being done at the property in increments so there is the odd worker putting up drywall etc. The rooms are spacious, sparsely furnished but clean The one we got had clean unfinished wooden floors with a mini refrigerator which was great. There is actually room for additives as a microwave and kitchen sink of some sorts, since there is a sitting area with small table and 2 chairs. This could really be a beautiful place but needs upgrading. They serve a breakfast in the restaurant on the ground level which is included in the rate. If its not included it cost around $ 5.25 or so. It consists of coffee, tea, some fresh fruit, and slices of local cheese. You can order eggs cooked the way you like with either toast, rolls or pancakes. A pleasant
start to one's day. All staff I encountered were pleasant and helpful. Most speak limited
English but with a combination of gestures and limited Spanish, you can be understood. Many restaurants are within walking distance as TGI Fridays, Middle Eastern, French, Chinese etc. Rey supermarket is close by as well. I think you can take the bus on Calle 50 to Allbrook Mall(pls double check this). Also outside of MultiCentro there is a guy with a Mojito stand (virgin of course)
who makes refreshing mixes ranging from $1.49 to $1.75 or so.
Not sure whether this is cultural but hotels (Panama) in this price range do not seem to give washcloths of hand towels too readily. On our 2nd day cleaning staff offered a box of paper towels since there was none in the room upon arrival. When in Panama one "picks their battles" so it is sometimes easier to solve situations rather than wait for them to be resolved. Hence
the reason I purchased whatever else I needed at the Supermarket (namely paper towels). There were some toiletries in the bathroom though. There was also
No water in the swimming pool which seems to
have been empty for awhile.
Although the hotel is quite old it was not unpleasant. Due to
location I may consider staying again.

Room Tip: Perhaps on the 9th floor...make sure they check its been cleaned!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I must admit that based on the previous reviews and photos available, I wasn't really expecting much, but I had found a pretty good price for a two night stay. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the room that I was provided with was much different than those in the other photos (that look to have somewhat outdated furnishings).

I'm not sure if this applies to all the rooms or if they're in the midst of rennovations, but my room (I believe it was on the 9th fl) had completely modernized decor (I also really liked the shower heads). Flat screen tv, comfortable bedding and a good centralized location with easy access to all the tourist locations. What more do I really need? :)

Pros: Friendly staff, comfortable bed, electronic safe, modern amenities in room, complimentary (but simple breakfast), good location, access to rooftop pool.

Cons: Walls in the bathroom were a bit thin, so I could hear my neighbors conversation.

Based upon the overall quality of the hotel and affordability, I would definitely consider a return visit!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We were supposed to stay there when we got to Panama, but due to Aero Perlas ceasing business with no notice and the previous guests not able to leave, we stayed there on the way out of Panama. They put us in a suite on the way out to make up for the mess. The hotel is decent hotel. I felt safe, rooms were clean, breakfast good. The room is a little rough around the edges..I mean cosmetically, but it was fine. They sent us to the Aramo, their sister hotel, when we got bumped (read review).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family