“My Humo away from Home”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 19 October 2016

Read about this spot somewhere and decided to try it. Seemed to be in a semi-residential area, but so well worth it to hunt it down. This gastro-pub is upstairs from the coffee roaster. I've heard that the ribs are great, but I opted for a burger and onion rings. Perfectly cooked for my taste – medium rare. Nice and juicy. Onion rings were crispy, not greasy. All good!

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Tasty burguers and great drinks. They also have seafood, bbq and grilled food in their menu. Great ambiance and service. They have a nice terrace to dine under the trees. We've been there a few times and all of them have been outstanding. It's better to make reservations. At the moment I write this review, they're closed under renovations, so be sure to call before to check if they're already opened.

Reviewed 4 June 2016

Very nice and fancy restaurant. A bit more expensive than average but definitely worth a try if you are able to spend a little more.

Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

We arrived with no reservations, but we're still able to get in luckily. The entire experience was awesome! The service was flawless. The food was the best we've had so far in Panama City. My wife said her brisket was so tender you could even eat it if you didn't have teeth. My daughter never finishes a cheese burger and she devoured every last bite of it. Get the brisket tacos. Oh my goodness the desserts were decadent. Freshly made cream with strawberries. My wife had strawberry cheesecake that was served on a piece of slate. The brownie and ice cream was so rich and wonderful. If you visit Panama City you need to eat here.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

We are Americans who have lived in Panama for nearly 20 years, so we have seen a lot. The fresh baked bread with lemon butter was delicious, and the salmon was cooked exactly according to our instructions. My wife's salad with babaganouche and tabule was amazing. The dessert of cheesecake left nothing more to be wished for.

While the restaurant was not at all crowded on a saturday afternoon at 4 PM, we found the service to be outstanding, something not always the case in Panama.

The menu is a bit limited, which is the only thing I could possibly suggest improvement on.