“Good”

Great Wall Buffet
Ranked #30 of 102 Restaurants in Augusta
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Food is good and better quality than other buffets I've been to. I don't really eat meat any more but I recommend the dinner menu, that's when they put out more options, like: coconut shrimp, garlic green beans, and a few different kind of stir fry noodles. From the desserts I used to get coffee cream cake. The rest of my family liked all the desserts.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

I came here with my mother last summer, just to check it out. I should've realized something was up, since the parking lot was almost empty, and it was lunch time. Walked in, nobody greeted us. Finally, after standing awkwardly for five minutes, we were seated. The place was not busy at all. A waitress who didn't know a lick of English took our orders, and then we went up to the buffet. At first, I thought, wow, quite a selection! Then, upon closer inspection, I saw that so much of it looked in need of a good stir or a refill. I wondered how long they left food items out there to sit? A buffet is always a chancy situation, especially when everyone grabs the same utensil with their bare, not always clean, hand, and then they stand there and breathe, spit, and even sneeze over the food. Ugh. So, we filled our plates, went back to the table, and dug in. Everything was cold. We summoned the waitress and said, "your buffet is very cold." She just stared at us. I said, "cold, you know, as in COLD? Not hot?" She smiled, nodded, but said nothing. I looked at my mom. "I'm going up to see if there's anything even lukewarm up there." There wasn't. So, we paid for what we ate and left.

Sorry, can't recommend this place at all. And I should know better than to patronize buffets like this; the one in my home town of Waterville is no better!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

I foolishly let the positive reviews sway me to go here, but really should have known better. They have an amazing assortment of dishes, but very little food to be had. It's telling that over half the people who eat here are grossly overweight.

About the only items that I found (barely) edible were those not containing any meat.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

Clean, great variety of choices Chinese and American and dessert. Services very good. No complaints.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

This is a decent option for Chinese food. Unless there are a lot of people, I'd order off the menu because the buffet gets cold.

Been to Great Wall Buffet? Share your experiences!