“Mehhhhhh”

Add it.
Durango's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My in-laws love it and it wasn't terrible but I still nothing I would rate as special so yup. I guess I'm left just saying meh to myself the times I've been so it wouldn't be on my recommendations list.

Reviewed 28 December 2011

We went to Dorango's to enjoy a great steak. In the past we always enjoyed excellent dinners. Well not any more. The menu is limited to lite fare and since we wanted dinner we left. Sure do wish the dinner menu hadn't been discontinued. Oh well, things change and not always for the better.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

We arrived at 8:00 on a night when the restaurant kitchen was to stay open until 10. We had checked into the Clarion Hotel, to which Durangos's is attached, and that merits its own review elsewhere. We were seated in a booth and perhaps two thirds of the seating in the restaurant was occupied at that point.
We ordered our salads (arrived very wilted as they must have been made up many hours before) and "award-winning" crab chowder (as rated by whom?) The chowder was thin, had no bits of crab and was among the worst we've had in that area that is known for good crab dishes.
Aftyer an extended wait, our entrees arrived. The entrees were not totally unacceptable, but bland, somewhat overcooked, cool to the touch and accompanied by standard canned "vegetable medley". By this point (around 9:10) , only two tables were still occupied but the kitchen remained open. Then the manager came through and announced to the wait staff that the restaurant would close early because of the lack of business. Well, that brought the wait staff to attention as they wiped down flatware, refilled condiments, dragged overflowing waste buckets through the restaurant, and chatted in loud voices about their personal lives. They wanted us out of there in no uncertain terms and we obliged. We left the bulk of the meal on the table, settled the tab and proceeded to the bar next door for a cocktail. Sorry, that's closed too. Then therte's another bar/nightclub in the same building. Sorry, that doesn't open until ten. We travel through Aberdeen perhaps two or three times a year, and we have always had decent accomodations and decent food. There are plenty of hotels and restaurants in the area, right off I-95, and we just happened on a combination hotel/restaurant that was, in kind terms, the pits. We would not recommend that you stay at the Clarion or eat at Durango's.