Days Inn Aberdeen
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 2 July 2017

We needed one night for a family party in Aberdeen so we booked this hotel. It didnt look bad from the street, just strangely located on a hill in back of the ramp off 95 ( I think) but there were other hotels around .
The lobby was small and dingy and doubles as the " breakfast" room. The room was beat up- literally- the door looked like it wold not close right. The key didn't work, we had to get it re magnetized. The room was bright and clean but the carpets were tired and the furniture a mix of new chairs and old nicked cabinets The tiny but clean bathroom was nicked as well and the knob was loose in the door.
Since it was clean we decided to stay the one night ( I was too tired to go searching)
But the real source of my negativity for this place was the total lack of regard for guest security. The side doors were open, not just unlocked, but like the room doors, ill fitting . They were fitted with key pads but they were not needed , the doors just opened. I called the desk to inquire about when they would be locked for the evening and was startled to be told they would not be locked , this was regarded as unnecessary since there were security cameras. When I told the front desk person this was unacceptable he told me that was their policy. It had taken 20 minutes to get a call to the front desk answered so I was not expecting great customer service.
It is a cheap hotel but from the sparse number of cars in the parking lot and the two other customers I saw in the coffee area in the morning they can ill afford to alienate guests. But they did anyway.

Room Tip: somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
uyesh b, General Manager at Days Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback as it helps us improve in the area that needs attention. Providing all our guests with convenient, safe and secure stay has always been our number one priority. I have asked our maintenance manager to address the issue expressed in your review.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Great hotel - I was very pleased at the quality and especially at the value when compared to hotels nearby! Clean, convenient, and a great value!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
uyesh b, General Manager at Days Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Thank you for choosing our Days Inn Aberdeen, Maryland for your lodging needs. I am pleased to know that we were able to provide complete satisfaction. We appreciate you giving us an opportunity to serve.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 June 2017

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
uyesh b, General Manager at Days Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Reviewed 18 June 2017

It flooded while I was taking a shower because the shower curtain was hanging outside of the shower area. The water seeped into the bathroom floor by the time the room service to clean, so they won't know what happens when the customer takes a shower.
I had to push the shower curtain rod in and down to prevent the flood all over the bathroom floor next time I took a shower.
It's not very smart way to cut the cost by not having a bath tub because the seeping water will cause the mold in the long run and damage the painting on the ceiling assuming the water from the upstairs seep into their floors. I don't understand why the manager or owner doesn't think about having longer shower curtain or add lower partition or something.

One nighttime attendant was not so nice when I asked him something. His sigh was so loud.

I had to ask the front lady to move a smoking pod (?) to somewhere else because it was placed right next to the AC unit outside of my room. I was wondering why my room smell smoking all the time. The lady was nice to do the job.

The stay wasn't bad. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
uyesh b, General Manager at Days Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Thank you for your feedback as it helps us improve in the area that needs attention. I have spoke with maintenance and have addressed the issue. We also have relocated the exterior smoking pod. Thank you