“Decent place good location reasonable price”
Review of Days Inn Aberdeen

Days Inn Aberdeen
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I went there with a coupon I got from the hotel booklets you get at rest stops. It was a clean comfortable stay and the Continental breakfast was good too (although I wish they had eggs). My only complaint was that my room was near the ice maker and the office so the ice maker and the beeping from the waffle iron woke me up.

Room Tip: Stay away from the icemaker
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
uyesh b, General Manager at Days Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Greetings and thank you for taking time to review our days Inn Aberdeen, Maryland. I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your suggestion in reference to the ice maker and will make changes accordingly. Thank you and look forward to serve you in the nearest future.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

This is one of the worst motels I have ever stayed in. My "non smoking" room smelled like a floral cover up of a chain smoker. I went to the front desk to asked to be moved but apparently there were no other rooms available. The guys idea of how to help me was to hand me some machine and tell me to use it (but that he had no idea how to make it work or what exactly it did) and a bottle lavender scented air freshener to spray in the room. It was terrible.

Do not stay here!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
uyesh b, General Manager at Days Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

I apologize for any inconvenience during your recent stay with us. I have taken action and have addressed the issue expressed. I have asked a member of our management team to contact you directly.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

A/C in room was noisy and could not be controlled. When you walk into front entrance very hot and terrible carpeting....old and dirty. No elevator to second floor.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
uyesh b, General Manager at Days Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Sorry for any inconvenience during your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, as it helps us improve in the area that needs attention. I have addressed the issue expressed in your review.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I was so disturbed by what happened at this Days Inn that I decided to immediately write a review for the benefit of other potential guests. Checked in after a 3 hour drive around midnight on the 21st of July 2017 with my wife and 2 young children. While we were unloading our car in the parking lot my wife pointed out a sketchy man in the darkness about 25 feet away urinating against the side of the hotel. This was the first disturbing thing we noticed, but it gets far worse. We then checked in at the front desk and were given a card key for a room on the second floor. When we got to the room and opened the door we walked in and saw that there were people sleeping in the room! We quickly closed the door and rushed back to the front desk. We told the front desk clerk that we had been checked into a room that was already occupied! He looked at us surprised, asked us to explain again, as if he wasn't quite understanding what we were saying. When he finally understood, he fiddled with his computer for a minute or so and then actually had to go up to the room to check for himself, as if their system didn't properly log a guest in a room and he didn't know whether the room was occupied or not! He then went back to the front desk and very nonchalantly found us another room, as if he didn't quite ascertain the huge security breach that had just occurred. What this means is that we could have been staying here and the front desk could have checked in another party into my room putting us in danger of being attacked or robbed whether we were in the room or not. Not to mention the invasion of privacy as well. There is a huge security loophole here and the front desk clerk on the night of July 21, 2017 was clueless to this! My wife and I quickly decided we didn't want to risk our safety by staying here, left and called the web site we booked through, got a sympathetic ear and received an immediate refund and quickly found a nearby hotel which is very safe and pleasant. I would highly suggest that absolutely no one should stay at this hotel until this huge problem is resolved. If the front desk cannot figure out a room is occupied or not that is a huge problem. If he gives an occupied room to a different party, who knows what horrible thing may happen. There is absolutely no excuse for this, action must be taken by the hotel. Management and corporate offices ....are you listening? A cheap rate is not worth risking life and limb!!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

I am sorry to hear about recent experience at our location. Guest safety and security is paramount to us. I have spoke with appropriate department and have addressed the issue expressed.I have asked a member of our management team to contact you directly. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We knew this hotel was not going to be top-notch when we booked it. We stayed with a group totaling 8 rooms. Some had obvious repairs on the doors where they had been kicked in. Ours had a horrible repair above an ancient light fixture. We did have fun in the pool (but it had no ambiance and tall grass/weeds outside the gate loaded with litter). Don't get the room next to the ice machine. We did. Very loud. We did check for bed bugs on arrival and didn't find any (we thought for sure we would). This hotel seemed more of a "by the hour" than "by the night" kind of place. They were nice on the phone when I called with questions and seemed to be doing the best they could in a hotel desperate for a makeover. I would have given it one star but chose two because they were at least trying.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
uyesh b, General Manager at Days Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback, as it helps us improve in the area that need attention.. I apologize for any inconvenience during your recent stay with us. We are under renovation and are updating our amenities in all rooms. Guest satisfaction has always been our number one priority.

GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdeen
0.3 km away
3.5 km away
Budget Inn of Aberdeen
Budget Inn of Aberdeen
#11 of 16 in Aberdeen

Been to Days Inn Aberdeen? Share your experiences!