“excellent”

Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants
Ranked #44 of 337 Restaurants in Annapolis
Price range: US$5 - US$31
Description: After four years of planning and construction, Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant opened in 2005 in Orland Park, a south suburb of Chicago. The concept was unique. We would create a signature menu with a selection of dishes designed to pair perfectly with our own Cooper's Hawk wines, made in our own private winery. With sophisticated food and exceptional wines, our concept was born.
Reviewed 5 April 2021

The wine tasting is fantastic. really needed it. Fantastic food and service as usual and our waitress always knows what we want. I really hope that everybody keeps coming here. love Cooper's Hawk

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (264)

Reviewed 16 February 2021

We are Wine Club members and have never had an issue at Coopers Hawk. Always fantastic service and great food. Unfortunately, this past Sunday for Valentine's Day we had a few issues. First off our reservations were at 6:15 and we were informed they had already sold out of their evening special of Filet Medallions and lobster tail (only the filet were sold out). Then we were told we couldn't order the flank steak entre and add a lobster tail (this would have been a great customer service offer since the filet's were sold out).

After dinner, we decided to order desert, big mistake as the waitress informed us they were sold out of deserts! REALLY?!? How do you sell out of deserts on Valentine's Day?

At this point we had decided to ask to speak with the manager to voice our frustration as we are regulars and this was the first issue we have ever encountered. Before having the chance to ask, a female manager approached and asked us how everything was. We told her exactly what transpired, where she offered a quick apology that was quote "sorry for the inconvenience, but tits been like that all night." She then brought out a plate of chocolate truffles and had the nerve to say they needed our table in 15 minutes!!

I just want to clarify that our waitress was absolutely fabulous as always and the food we ordered was delicious. However, the fact that on Valentine's Day you run out of your special and then run out of desert was an absolute joke on the planning part of Coopers hawk and the response we were given from the manager made it that much worse.

We will return to Coopers Hawk in the future however, we will NEVER return for Valentine's Day or another holiday dinner as they have proven they are ill prepared.

Extremely disappointing!

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank NandC45
Reviewed 30 December 2020 via mobile

As a subscription member to the Cooper’s Hawk wine club, I was unaware they were doing indoor tastings during late a Spring/early Summer 2020 Covid closures. And the tastings were indoors while The local wineries in Maryland were initially closed than restricted to only outdoor tastings. That was a corporate advantage not provided to small business wineries, which suffered financially without having corporate backing this location had. Also restaurant were restricted from inside dining until late summer, then once inside dining was permitted, they were severely limited to 25% seating.

Additionally, I operated under the assumption the indoor tastings were closed like the local wineries and then in September I noticed people inside drinking as I walked be on my way to the Whole Foods in the same block. I parked and went in to see about the tastings and pick up my pre-paid wines from the several months I thought they were closed.

To my utmost chagrin,they told ether sold all the bottles of wine that I had paid for each month they were closed to other people. My credit card was charged each month of Covid for the wine in my subscription BUT Cooper’s Hawk sold all the bottles that I paid for during the COVID lockdown (April-August) to OTHER PEOPLE!!! They did put bottle credits on my account for each bottle I paid for but did not receive.....but that does not give me the unique monthly wines that are the primary purpose of subscribing to their wine club!!

I feel stuck with a boatload of wine credits but no good wines to buy because frankly their normal inventory is just average and the value is in the monthly special releases.

Very disappointed with Cooper’s Hawk deceitfulness in charging members for a product that they turnaround and sell to someone else who doesn’t even need to be a club member.

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank luv2ride
Reviewed 10 April 2020

I wanted to have a nice birthday lunch, and my first choice hands down was Copper's Hawk! Everyone was at work, so I decided to go solo. The food was terrific, service was great, and they even gave me a birthday treat.

I also love their Red and White Sangria so I bought a bottle of each.

I told at least 10 people and now everyone wants to go to Cooper's Hawk! it has now become my favorite restaurant!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 6 February 2020

We enjoyed a fantastic evening of excellent food, beverages, and service here. We got there in time for happy hour and began with cocktails: harvest peach collins and prosecco with freshly squeezed orange juice. Then we shared a roasted vegetable and goat cheese flatbread, followed by burgers which were perfectly cooked and delicious. The Barrel Reserve wine was excellent, and so was the chocolate cake. Our server Eric helped us navigate the extensive menu since it was our first visit. We liked everything so much that we joined the wine club and look forward to many future visits.

Date of visit: January 2020