“Solo breakfast visit. ”
Review of Evelyn's

Evelyn's
Ranked #64 of 337 Restaurants in Annapolis
Reviewed 20 November 2019 via mobile

Solo breakfast visit. Plenty of convenient and free parking. Quiet location. Ample food choices. Service was efficient. I had Weems Creek Omelette, which was with crab meat and topped with cheese. Home fries accompanied the dish. Both were good and filling. I will return to sample other selections.

Date of visit: November 2019
Write a reviewReviews (60)

Reviewed 12 November 2019

We didn't feel like battling the downtown Annapolis traffic or having to hunt for parking, so we drove through west Annapolis and stumbled on to Evelyn's.
There is plenty of off-street parking and the restaurant was very roomie/comfortable.
They serve breakfast and lunch all day long - they're only open 7am to 3pm.
The menu is eclectic and extensive - lots of interesting takes on traditional favorites.
I have the Reuben sandwich with sweet potato fries. Great choice - the meat was pretty lean and the portion size was perfect (I don't ridiculously overstuffed deli sandwiches). The fries were perfectly cooked and were nice and hot.
My wife had the Tuna Nicoise Salad. The tuna was perfectly cooked and all of the ingredients were spot on except for the green beans. The green beans were mushy and I think were just dumped from a can. Pickling or parboiling green beans is so easy and would have added a nice freshness to this dish. The green beans didn't ruing the salad, but they did get pushed to the side.
Service was pretty good, but not amazing.
Two other hits:
1. One of the specials was a Crab Cake Melt - open faced crab cake sandwich with a piece of melted cheese and a tomato on top. Why would you put a piece of cheese on top of a crab cake? Cheese would over power that crab taste if the crab cake is decent.
2. One of the servers was "sagging" - his pants were sagging below his bum and every time he raise his arms or bent over you got a full view of his grey boxer/briefs. He bent over twice with his bum about three feet away from my face. A manager should have either had him pull his pants up or have sent him home.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 3 November 2019

There's always a little wait but well worth it.It makes it harder to order watching the food being served going by,I had the crab cake caesar and my husband had the Huevos Rancheros.Mmmmmmm for both.Crab cake was huge and very little filling.My husband loved his too,lots of choices here.Great service.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 23 October 2019

My wife and I dine at Evelyn's frequently.
Food has always been good. Breakfast available at all times. Restaurant closes at 3pm. It's a small place so at times you will have to wait for a table.
The owner is very responsive to feedback. I asked why they didn't have fresh ground pepper, I stated food this good deserve better than pre ground pepper, he agreed and the next time I stopped in for lunch, there was fresh pepper

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 17 October 2019 via mobile

First time to Evelyn’s pretty basic sat outside with company they were the one that actually recommended this restaurant. Ordered breakfast food it seemed to take a hot minute to get the food but the company I was with has a tendency to be a little maintenance meaning taking forever to order the food but it didn’t come out correctly the service definitely not over the top maybe because when you’re sitting outside it’s more trouble to come outside and the ducks were a handful that day for the servers trying to to shoo them away. Bathroom was clean and server was attentive but she could have acted a little more pleasant but maybe she wasn’t feeling us . I left a35% tip and didn’t seem to matter to her by not saying thank you but she was young and maybe just not accustomed to how to express herself for getting more money than what she was worth especially for the service she provided!!! We could’ve went to Dennys but we were closer to Evelyn’s!!!

Date of visit: May 2019