“Bang For Your Buck!”

Sakura Cafe
Ranked #155 of 373 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Thai
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Very good food for the price! The Lunch Special is amazing and seven days a week. For $9.99 you get two sushi rolls each six pieces, not mention you also get a salad and a soup. The sushi is very solid and not too flashy. Spicy Yellowtail Roll was tasty and fills you up. With the lunch special, you'll not be hungry walking out of Sakura Cafe. Super value! Good but not great!

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

They require a reservation so we made one and waited for our alotted time. When we got there they had no table for us, which I know happens. But the strange thing is that they also have no book recording the reservations. We just tokd them that we had one and they went scurrying about to create a new table. I dont think they realky understand the concept. It was a busy Saturday night and they clearly did not have enough wait staff. Ours woukd disappear for prolonged periods and proved difficult to flag down, even as he walked right past the table.

The edemame and seaweed salad were good, but there is usually not much to be done with them. The double tuna roll was generous and excellent. The Godzilla roll was huge and one of my favorites but the sauce was too sweet for my wife. It was not especially sweet but she dislikes mixing salty and sweet tastes. The yum yum was small and too rich for our tastes.

When the bill came my wife was perusing the little tipping guide at the bottom of the credit card receipt when she noticed that the price was higher than what had been on the original bill. I checked it and all of the items were correct but they had added a 17.5% gratuity.

So, without saying anything, they added a gratuity to the check of a party of two and then also made suggestions on how much to tip ?!?! That's just wrong.

1  Thank Chris I
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

First time visiting Annapolis, we where going to grab a quick bite. The family and I decided that a sushi roll would be light. As I walked by Sakura Cafe I noticed the price and they where pretty good. To keep story short....we ended eating full meals ....there menu is extensive and delicious. We had sushi and bento boxes.....dessert was great...recommend the red bean ice cream. Very friendly and great price....recommend..

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

This was a surprise find to me. If you are okay to try the Asian cuisine, then this will work for you. Do try the shrimp hibachi in this restaurant. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Went to dinner a few nights ago. My wife had acceptable sushi and I had chicken udon soup. The soup had no taste and a gamey back taste. The chicken was tasteless. Terrible, don't order this

Been to Sakura Cafe? Share your experiences!