“Dia de los Muertos brunch - special menu”
Review of Jalapeno's

Jalapeno's
Ranked #7 of 337 Restaurants in Annapolis
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2020 via mobile

We went with friends to Jalepenos’ Dia de los Muertos brunch. Normally closed on Sunday until dinner service, they opened specifically to offer their unique brunch menu. Reservations required with reduced number of tables in use and employees masked (some in Dia de los Muertos masks (in addition to their covid -style face coverings).

We were seated promptly, presented with paper menus for the special brunch dished and a welcome shooter made with coconut, tequila and citrus - very refreshing and tasty!

The only appetizer offered was the chunky house made guacamole, which was scarfed up. Drinks came out with the guac, I had a frozen margarita- sangria combo which was too tasty and well imbued with alcohol... I could have had a couple more in a heartbeat, but restrained myself. Everyone else enjoyed their drinks as well.

What did we have? Special take on tortilla soup, shrimp and veggie paella, chicharrones (pork dish), beef short ribs, pumpkin flan, and tres leche cake as I recall. Uploading some photos including one of the menu. Everything was delicious and fulfilling.

Service was fine, with staff arriving with our orders and staying on the sidelines unless we indicated we needed assistance (good covid practice). Prices were very reasonable (see menu).
The only negative was they didn’t offer any of their outstanding tapas ... I was looking forward to a couple as starters, but I guess that means a return visit is needed.

Date of visit: November 2020
2  Thank luv2ride
Write a reviewReviews (547)

Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

Great food, not exactly Mexican , great tapas and excellent service.
The Ensalada caliente with shrimp and spinach is out of this world. !!!

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank frankaste123
Reviewed 11 July 2020 via mobile

If you are looking for outstanding food and service this is the place. I come here and its consistently great food.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 13 February 2020

Group had lunch here yesterday. Excellent extensive menu, great service and terrific food! Spanish and Mexican fare, plus pizza (haven't tried that). Recommend the bean soup! The best I've ever had! A cup with a salad was a very satisfying meal.

Friends had chicken flautas and beef chimichanga. The latter was quite a meal! All were ample and three of us took some home for dinner.

The restroom is nicely done! Clean, welcoming... Not at all like the ordinary. And a personal nit: the ice tea was brewed and very nice. Too often it tastes like it came from concentrate.

Finally thanks to our excellent server Yesenia who was welcoming and helpful.

Date of visit: February 2020
3  Thank Soars37
Reviewed 27 January 2020

Jalapenos is a Spanish-Mexican restaurant in the Parole area and my husband's favorite place to eat. Though we have had almost everything on the menu, and everything is delicious he likes to get the Chili Rellenos because it is the best he has ever had. I love their Salmon a la Navarro and their freshly made guacamole dip is the best. The atmosphere is casual and a place to go to celebrate a special occasion or on the fly eat-out-night. Occasionally we have been there when they have a musician playing acoustical music.

Date of visit: January 2020