“Attractive atmosphere, great food, good service”
Review of Jalapeno's

Jalapeno's
Ranked #5 of 339 Restaurants in Annapolis
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2021

We started with chips and salsa, the std. house salsa is very mild, so I asked for a spicier salsa, Oh by did I get a spicier salsa, but mixed 50/50 with the std. salsa it was very good. We had the Queso Fundido which was also very good, but be sure to ask for extra tortillas the 3 little ones they give you are not nearly enough. I also had the marmalda de Higa which is shrimp and fig jam on toast - I'd pass on this one, not that it was bad, just 4 small shrimp are not worth $10. I had a the Chorizo Cantimpalo: Chorizo on potatoes. Excellent dish with lots of flavor. My wife had a dinner - Carabineros - Shrimp over rice with a garlicky sauce that she really liked. They gave her some warm, tasty dinner rolls to soak up the sauce. She really enjoyed the dish, but you have to be a garlic fan. She had a frozen Margarita which she like, my Peach one wasn't very flavorful. So there you have it. The place is lovely, and we had a very pleasant experience overall. we will certainly go back.

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (549)

Reviewed 10 June 2021

The atmosphere is charming and the food was fantastic. Everything served tapas style and very filling. Wait staff was very attentive but not pushy.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 18 November 2020 via mobile

The tacos al pastor had more cheese and cream than meat. It was difficult to taste the meat since pieces were so tiny and mixed with cream...

Date of visit: November 2020
3  Thank me-mlg
Reviewed 2 November 2020 via mobile

We went with friends to Jalepenos’ Dia de los Muertos brunch. Normally closed on Sunday until dinner service, they opened specifically to offer their unique brunch menu. Reservations required with reduced number of tables in use and employees masked (some in Dia de los Muertos masks (in addition to their covid -style face coverings).

We were seated promptly, presented with paper menus for the special brunch dished and a welcome shooter made with coconut, tequila and citrus - very refreshing and tasty!

The only appetizer offered was the chunky house made guacamole, which was scarfed up. Drinks came out with the guac, I had a frozen margarita- sangria combo which was too tasty and well imbued with alcohol... I could have had a couple more in a heartbeat, but restrained myself. Everyone else enjoyed their drinks as well.

What did we have? Special take on tortilla soup, shrimp and veggie paella, chicharrones (pork dish), beef short ribs, pumpkin flan, and tres leche cake as I recall. Uploading some photos including one of the menu. Everything was delicious and fulfilling.

Service was fine, with staff arriving with our orders and staying on the sidelines unless we indicated we needed assistance (good covid practice). Prices were very reasonable (see menu).
The only negative was they didn’t offer any of their outstanding tapas ... I was looking forward to a couple as starters, but I guess that means a return visit is needed.

Date of visit: November 2020
2  Thank luv2ride
Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

Great food, not exactly Mexican , great tapas and excellent service.
The Ensalada caliente with shrimp and spinach is out of this world. !!!

Date of visit: September 2020