“A great old-fashioned steakhouse in the best sense of the term!”
Review of Lewnes' Steakhouse

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Severn Avenue
Transit: Water taxis drop off and pick up at the end of fourth street, less than a half block from the restaurants location.
Description: Only two percent of American Beef is good enough to earn the designation "U.S. Prime." That's why only a handful of restaurants serve it. Lewnes' Steakhouse holds the distinction of being the first Annapolis restaurant to feature U.S. Prime Steaks
Reviewed 1 May 2021

My family and I enjoyed a great dinner at Lewnes' earlier this week. We are long time patrons but having moved out of the area, haven't dined there for several years. I'm happy to say nothing's changed with respect to the quality of the food and the service. My NY strip was cooked to perfection and served piping hot. The Lyonnaise potatoes were superb as were the asparagus. Other members of my family also enjoyed their meals. I'm looking forward to another visit before long

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (467)

Reviewed 27 January 2021 via mobile

Had an excellent experience here. The service was impeccable and food was impressive. My husband and I both got the filet which was cooked perfectly!

Date of visit: February 2020
Sam L, Owner at Lewnes' Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2021

Thank you both so much for coming by to enjoy an experience with us, Amanda! We'll be sure to share your praise with our team. It's our pleasure hosting you and we look forward to the next time we can!

All the best!

Reviewed 18 January 2021

Great steaks, but their entire menu is wonderful and delicious. I love that is locally owned, staff is friend, professional and knowledgeable. You have the feeling of local hospitality AND the food is marvelous!

Date of visit: October 2020
Sam L, Owner at Lewnes' Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2021

Thanks so much for sharing your great review, Andy. It’s wonderful to hear how much you always enjoy the experience. We love running our local, family business and it's guests like you that make our livelihoods so fulfilling. Thanks again!

Reviewed 17 January 2021

Was so excited, my daughter and granddaughter surprised me with a birthday dinner here! Have been here a few times in the past for a special occasion.. about 5 or so years ago got the best lobster ever!!! Not so now, I could have made a better one myself.. not to mention the price.. since it’s market price on the menu I had no idea how much it was and never thought of asking !!!Shame on me, a mistake I will never make again. I didn’t want to ruin my daughters and granddaughters gift for such a wonderful night out but just let’s say I doubt I will be going back there. Don’t order the lobster!!!

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank janetnQ1141YN

Hi Janet - obviously we are disappointed to hear about your lobster. We always think honesty is the best method and are sure your daughter and granddaughter would have been happier with you saying something while you’re at the steakhouse rather than leaving disappointed. We would have loved to have replaced the lobster or bring you a different option. We all have the same goal of ensuring you leave happy rather than bottle it in and leave disappointed.
Take care and thanks for the feedback.
-Sam and Mack Lewnes

Reviewed 26 December 2020

The neighborhood guys have been trying to do a night out since COVID started. It took a while - but we decided on a major feat at Lewnes. Could NOT have been a better choice. Service outstanding and beyond. We shared the giant and unbelievably perfectly cooked Tomahawk, the best Pork Chop ever and a 4 lb lobster. Kudos to the choices of wine as well. Nothing too outrageous though if you want to spend $500 for a Red, you could.

Everything was delicious and presented with class and care.

No it's not inexpensive, but when the quality is this high - it's worth it for a once-in-a-while night out.

Date of visit: November 2020
Sam L, Manager at Lewnes' Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2020

Marc, so glad you and your friends could finally gather at our place for good times, great food, and excellent service! We'd all love to have you back in the future for a guy's night out and a delicious steak dinner.

Take care,