“Excellent ”

Ranked #18 of 337 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A taste of Ireland is all about friendly surroundings and an immediate sense of feeling right at home. Visit Galway Bay and discover how to find that atmosphere right in your own neighborhood. Come on in and fill up on Irish. Relax in a traditional Irish Pub, enjoy a family meal in the dining room or do both. Our restaurant can accommodate semi private functions and cater to rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, office parties, or any special occasion. We also cater private events at your location--please call or visit for details. Galway Bay Irish Pub is located on Maryland Avenue in downtown Annapolis in a beautifully historic building. Our pub and restaurant have a relaxed and happy atmosphere. Our staff will take care of you with the best of Irish hospitality. Whether you are a regular from around town or a visitor for the day, we are a great place to stop for a while and enjoy a beverage, a meal and a smile.
Reviewed 15 April 2021 via mobile

I had the lamb burger. Amazing! My wife had the beef burger. Amazing! We cut burgers in half and shared. The fries were awesome. Wife had blacksmith beer and I had whiskey. It's a Irish pub theme. Very friendly. Will definitely go back.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (779)

Reviewed 18 March 2021 via mobile

Great Central downtown location in Annapolis next to all the best shops and extremely convenient watering hole to drop by and grab a cold guiness and some traditional Irish food. The weekend was busy but all the staff were welcoming and attentive, there wasn't an empty glass to be had. Great atmosphere with an authentic Irish feel for weiry shoppers. Looking forward to our next visit.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank belinda m
Reviewed 15 February 2021 via mobile

My husband and I ate here this weekend. COVID restrictions in place, felt safe dining here. Food was terrific, would highly recommend the beef stew! Service was great as well!

1  Thank N5750LEkellyg
Reviewed 14 February 2021 via mobile

Our 15th anniversary flight was cancelled so we ventured to Annapolis to stay the night so it wasn't a total wash. We stopped by Galway Bay to have some food and drinks while we waited for check-in. The food was beautifully presented and tasted authentic and delicious. Felt like I was back in Galway! Service was great and the atmosphere made me Ireland so much more than I already do. If you can't be in Ireland, go to Galway Bay, it'll scratch your itch.

Reviewed 14 February 2021 via mobile

My companion and I had dinner here while in Annapolis. Raw oysters, beef stew, lam meatballs and strawberry shortcake- oysters were fresh and light. Stew was very good and filling. Meatballs were a little so-so. Shortcake was ok. Ended with Flight #2 Irish Whiskeys. That was an interesting experience. A good way to learn and appreciate a drink so central to Ireland.
The service was attentive and friendly. I recommend it.
Thanks