“Fantastic!”

Ranked #3 of 359 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: The Boatyard is where local sailors, fishermen and lovers of the Chesapeake enjoy pint drinks, great crab cakes and the freshest local seafood. Specialties include smoked fish of the day (on premise), cream of crab and Maryland crab soups and an extensive list of crab and seafood specialties. The First Lady came from the White House to enjoy our crab cakes. The Boatyard has the most extensive raw bar in the area including a variety of oysters, clams, shrimp and mussels. The Boatyard receives awards for being most family friendly and having the best burger on the Bay. Its weekend brunch is the best in the area. The Boatyard is located in the historic maritime district of Eastport-a short walk or water taxi from Annapolis City Docks. Its photo boat films the local sailing races and shows them nightly. Named by Coastal Living, Sailing World and Sail Magazine as one of world's top sailing/boating restaurants.
Reviewed 3 October 2017

My friends and I really loved the Boatyard. The food was terrific, the service was friendly and efficient, and the atmosphere was casual and fun. I'm always a sucker for a good Cuban sandwich, and this one was great - really meaty. Hubby had a crab cake - it was fantastic! Their slogan is "all killer, no filler" - and it fit. Conch fritters, soft shell crab sandwich, and flounder BLT were also wonderful. Can't wait for our next trip to Annapolis and the Boatyard Bar and Grill!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,312)

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

It's rare that we visit the same restaurant twice on holiday but made the exception for the boatyard. We had fantastic food here; oysters, scallops, mussels, pizza, fish and chips, oyster frites chicken wings... I'd highly recommend them all

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Went to Boatyard for happy hour last week. Selection of food on happy hour menue was very good, especially the $1 oysters.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

This place is close to a marina and is very popular with the locals. When we got there on a Saturday afternoon around 5:30, the place was already packed. However, they have a nice bar area with a good amount of seating, and everyone waiting was in good spirits. It was a bit noisy, but not enough that I couldn't hear my friends speaking.
Large beer selection and adequate wine, nothing fancy.

My friends and I all ordered the crab cakes and they did not fail to please. No fried or breaded cakes here, but the real deal. One side dish came with our meal, but you can add more for a different price.

We ordered the Key Lime pie for dessert, which came with a raspberry sauce that I feel should be left off. If you are in to whip cream, you'll definitely be happy as there were four dollops on the plate.

I think this is also a nice spot if you're looking for a place to kick back and enjoy a drink within the atmosphere of a friendly and local crowd.

I will definitely return to Boatyard Bar when my travels bring me back to Annapolis.

Note: In good weather, there is outdoor seating available.

There are two parking areas, one out front and one at the back of the restaurant off of the side street.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We were concerned when we were told when we checked in at 8:30pm on a Saturday evening that it would be 1 ti 1-1/2 hours for a table. We decided to wait it out in the bar, which has a lot of interesting photos and displays. 30 minutes later, we were seated. Our server, Michelle, was prompt, friendly and had perfect timing. The local oysters were delicious, although the crab soup was average. The crab cakes, however, were the star of the meal.