All reviews self park room service beautiful hotel valet parking hotel bar free shuttle valet service front desk staff naval academy indoor pool downtown annapolis king bed main street boat show trolley azure wedding
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My room was quiet, the staff was helpful. We overlooked the cemetery, it was quite beautiful. This hotel is within walking distance to the water and to many great restaurants. The valet was quick and nice.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

This is a huge convention type Westin hotel. Friendly they are not. I am a gold member and had to ask for my membership privileges. To the front desk staff must be a highly guarded secret because he hardly said anything about it. Ever since MARRIOTT took over Starwoods, the SPG has significantly gone downhill. The only redeeming factor was a had a good night sleep.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2018

We had a disappointing 3- night stay at the Westin Annapolis for the following reasons:

1. Only one staff person at check-in at a predictably busy tome of day, resulting in having to wait in line behind six others. Large hotels normally are much better staffed at the front desk.
2. Only one bathrobe in a room for two people. I complained and received no apology, but was told, 'Oh, I'll let the housekeeper know'. I renewed the request at the end of day two, and received the same treatment, but the second bathrobe never arrived. This made the use of the swimming pool awkward. It also revealed a lack of staff training and courtesy in dealing with guests' complaints or requests.
3. On the second day of our stay, our bedroom was not cleaned, nor were the beds made even though I didn't display the 'do not disturb/ sign after 10 a.m. I complained; no apology, but 'Oh, I'll tell the housekeeper'.
4. When I asked the reception staff whether the wifi was free in the bedroom, I was told that i had to pay. I wasn't told that it was free in the lobby; I only learned that by observation. For a hotel that claims to be near the top of the range, charging for wifi is not acceptable. I stay in many hotels in Europe that are medium- or low-priced, and free wifi throughout the hotel is becoming standard practice.
5. The swimming pool itself is excellent but there is no changing cubicle there, so one has to go back to the bedroom with a swimsuit dripping all over the elevator. This is especially uncomfortable without a bathrobe (see above). There is also no clock on the wall of the swimming area, which is inconvenient if one needs to leave the pool at a certain time.
6. There was no information brochure in the bedroom giving details of, for example, where the pool is, what the check-out time is, how to book a taxi, how to work the heating system, etc. This should be standard provision.
7. There were two bottles of water in the room. One is free. The other costs $5 but you only know this if you read some small print under the bottle.

There is something badly wrong with the way this hotel is run. The management and staff don't seem to put themselves in the guests' shoes. We expected much better.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank c_d_raab
Tour829800, General Manager at The Westin Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your experience here at the Westin Annapolis. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the less-than-exceptional stay that you had with us, and for failing to exceed your expectations in several areas. What you have described is far from the high quality stays which we strive to provide for our guests. Rest assured that I will be addressing all points of concern with the appropriate hotel teams to ensure that our guestrooms are well stocked with expected amenities, our service is significantly improved upon, and our guests have nothing but exceptional stays. Thank you again for your review. I hope that this experience will not deter you from staying with us in the future, we'd love the opportunity to provide you with a much better experience and make up for the trouble you unfortunately experienced this time around.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Arrived at hotel and registration person handed me a piece of paper saying ‘your room has a pipe leak’. AKA ‘we gave your room away’ and we are changing your hotel. They paid for my room at a far less expensive or convenient hotel downtown. There isn’t any reason I could not have been contacted to discuss this. Instead we unloaded the car, dragged our stuff up stairs and then were nonchalantly handed the sheet of paper stating they would pay for my stay somewhere else. I booked months ahead and I feel the bumped person should not have been me and that I should have had at least had the option of choosing the hotel I want and not the one they chose. They had plenty of time to plan moving my hotel but could not call? Poor service.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Davica
Tour829800, General Manager at The Westin Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Dear Davica,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent visit. Please accept my sincerest apology for not being able honor your reservation. It's unfortunate that we did have a severe leak that took several rooms out of order that are still being repaired today. When this type of incident occurs, we immediately try to contact the guest before they arrive and inform them of what next steps to take. Unfortunately, your reservation had no contact information available. We realize guests come to Annapolis for sightseeing or an event in the immediate area. Our policy is to relocate our guest within the immediate area, same star level hotel or better, I'm sorry you felt the hotel we relocated you to was not to your liking. Thank you again for your review. If you are back in the Annapolis area, we'd love for you to give us another opportunity so that we may make up for the trouble you experienced this time around with a far more exceptional experience.

Reviewed 24 October 2018

Based on their performance at these events I am glad I did not stay at the atrociously managed hotel!! The buffet dinner was $120 per person +$10 per drink for wine, beer or
mixed drinks -- only two choices for wine chardonnay or cabernet. Hotel seemed large
but did not have room large enough for entire crowd of 750, so overflow was seated
in two smaller rooms and had to trek a good distance to one drink set up and two
buffet stations outside main dining room - one dessert set up in main dining room and
complimentary soft drinks set up in main dining room - as minimum buffet should have been set up including dessert bar, drinks and buffet at each dining location. Food was average based on prior comments buffet service was terrible for those relegated to smaller satellite dining areas . Price was a total rip off for lack of quality service rendered. Ditto for Sunday Brunch at $40 per person served from 9:30 -11:30 -food was below average , presented poorly and cold by 10:15 when our group arrived. I would never recommend this hotel for any large significant event and the Westin Group management should be ashamed of this performance,

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patton68
Rodney G, General Manager at The Westin Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Dear Patton 68

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience.

I am very sorry your experience was not up to the Westin standards that you are accustomed to. I have personally researched the issues you've mentioned and I, too, find them sub-par. The management team and I are correcting those issues as quickly as possible.

I am very surprised and saddened that you had a negative food experience, for we are known for the excellent culinary prep and execution. I truly appreciate your feedback and I hope that this anomaly will not deter you from using Marriott Hotels and Resorts in the future. We hope that you will give us another chance to fully exceed your expectations should your travels bring you back to Annapolis.