“Interesting concept with good food”

Level a small plates lounge
Reserve a table
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Calvert
Transit: Annapolis City Transit Bus Stop on corner of 69 West street & calvert street.
Description: Level was established as a locals first atmosphere with welcoming attitudes to all. The cocktails are all handcrafted with fresh juices, mixes, and garnishes. It has been a favorite Downtown Annapolis Restaurant and Event venue since opening in 2009. One of the many things that makes us unique is our commitment to source as many fresh ingredients locally from Annapolis, the State of Maryland and surrounding markets. Our award-winning small plates are crafted to encourage this same sense of community and sharing. We also offer the perfect atmosphere for holiday parties, weddings, rehearsal dinners and corporate events. Level is located on the second block of West Street known as the Arts District.
Reviewed 2 April 2021

Went here for my daughter's birthday. We ordered 4 small plates for 3 people, which was sufficient for small eaters like my daughter and myself, I am not sure about bigger eaters or men. We started off with the Crab and Arancini, which had 3 Arancini balls and crab in the center. Next, we got the Calamari followed by the Chorizo Dip and Pastrami Salmon Board. I did not care for the chorizo dip, but the other 3 were very good.

They are following COVID restrictions very well, so I would suggest you get a reservation. Our waitress was very nice, knowledgeable and efficient.

It is a cute little restaurant in Downtown Annapolis.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (373)

Reviewed 21 March 2021

Level a has some interesting choices on its menu like fried brussel sprouts and chicharrones, generous cheese plates and individual servings of items like pork sliders. The signature portion of the menu is definitely the craft cocktails. A habanero-infused drink was a highlight, although the drinks tend more towards the sweeter/tropical style. While the choices were strong, I just wasn't blown away overall by the taste. It's a great place, but wasn't memorable overall.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank Brend482
Level a Small Plates Lounge, Owner at Level a small plates lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2021

Thank you for dining with us Brend482! We appreciate the feedback as well.

Reviewed 14 February 2021 via mobile

My companion and I just had dinner at Level. Friendly staff, Courtney our server was attentive and upbeat. We enjoyed Mediterranean plate as an appetizer- tasty for sure. We then shared Brussels sprouts-flavorful but a bit oily, Root vegetables- good texture but a bit bland, Duck confit risotto was very good, pork slider was good but a bit dry. Dessert- goat cheese cheese cake- I really liked it but then I like goat cheese! I recommend and would try it again when in Annapolis.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 28 July 2020 via mobile

Good place, quick meal, did not have to wait long to be served, very helpful staff thanks to the team

Date of visit: July 2020
1  Thank lisalucylovell
LevelAnnapolis, Owner at Level a small plates lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2020

Thank you for dining with us Linley! We hope you join us again soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2020

Greeted by server and ordered wine. Five minutes later, we were told that the restaurant was out of the wine.
We ordered another wine. Five minutes later, we were told that the restaurant was out of that wine.
Ordered a third which was available and delivered to the table. Not a big wine list so this IS a problem!
An entre or two were also unavailable which we found out only AFTER ordering!
Of what we did have: Tuna Tartar - very good
Fried Brussel Sprouts - hard and very under-cooked
Crispy Cauliflower - very good
St. Louis Ribs - dry and not particularly flavorful
Crabcake - very good
Crab Gnocchi - good crab, but large. doughy Gnocchi
Pan Seared Scallops - good but the scallop I had could have used another 30 seconds in the pan.
Apple Cobbler - very good
Cookies and milk - nothing special at all, and not-very-good cookies at that.
Service, unimpressive.
A small bar but still, a good bar scene.

Date of visit: March 2020