“Let's Hang Out”
Review of Preserve

Preserve
Ranked #18 of 337 Restaurants in Annapolis
Reviewed 10 June 2021

If I lived in Annapolis this place would be my hangout every day. The food was good, the beer was better but the owner and her husband were absolutely awesome. They provided great friendly conversation and provided a list of must see locations within the City.

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank deniselS7068RE
Write a reviewReviews (224)

Reviewed 5 June 2021 via mobile

We just loved the eclectic menu items. Lots of options and their ingredients are locally sourced. The atmosphere was great and we were quickly seated by a very friendly hostess. We started with the preserve pickles and house giardiniera and the crispy kale. Both were very good but the kale was amazing and ended up being our absolute favorite item we had. We had high hopes at that point because of how excellent it was. Unfortunately, our main dishes didn’t compare. We had the steak frites which was missing the creamed spinach and they subbed veggies for the potatoes for me upon request. Thank you! When I asked about the missing creamed spinach my server brought me an ice cold tiny container of a green paste. It looked and tasted like baby food. Not what I envisioned at all. The steak was cooked more done than I’m used to seeing served this way and for $35 I expected either a larger side or a larger steak portion. It was tender and flavorful though but definitely overpriced. We also had the BLT on a lettuce wrap instead of bread. We didn’t know it came with fries or we would have asked for a substitute as well. The fries were overly salty and not edible. The BLT itself was flavorful but just not plentiful. Their coffee was delicious (Rise up) in a french press. A nice touch. They were serving coke in bottles but no diet drinks are available unfortunately. The Southside Sour on tap was delicious! Our server was attentive just not all that friendly/outgoing. She assumed we were finished our visit and brought our check without even asking if we wanted anything else. We may have wanted to try the Tandycake dessert but I guess it just wasn’t in the cards today. Oh well. If I had to do our visit over again I would have stuck with appetizers and just skipped the mains and maybe splurged on dessert. This may have just been a one and done visit.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 24 May 2021 via mobile

My wife and daughter and I happened in Preserve yesterday while looking to beat the heat. We ordered light fare — a shrimp roll and fries, plus beer and lemonade. The roll and fries were excellent, and the service friendly and attentive. We’d be happy coming back here for a full lunch or dinner.

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank jonathanrL8486KM
Reviewed 1 May 2021 via mobile

Preserve is in a great location downtown. The staff makes you feel like family. The restaurant has such a cool vibe. We loved sitting and relaxing there for a long period of time with delicious drinks and food. Chris the bartender made us an amazing gin and rosemary drink. It was incredible. The kale app, fish dip app, burger, and steak frites blew us away. You will be so happy at Preserve!!

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 27 March 2021 via mobile

Starting with pierogies from eastern Europe and swinging through El Salvador for pupusa‘s, We doubled down on the smoked fish dip and cornflower fried oysters… What an eclectic delght! Also awesome was sitting outside on Main Street and chatting with Avery our waitress.. best lunch in town

Date of visit: March 2021