All reviews front desk club lounge red lobster medical center westfield mall starbucks coffee indoor pool restaurant staff naval academy bed was comfortable checking in restaurants and shopping this past weekend downtown area usna
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at the Crowne Plaza Annapolis this weekend. The front desk staff went out of their way to take care of needs and did it with a smile. The lobby and bar area are gorgeous. The room was well appointed and very clean. The beds were comfy too. We would definitely stay again!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Looks and feels like a Crown Plaza... up scale Holiday Inn.

Lean staff so expect slow response during busy hours

Breakfast buffet. Basic fare.

Conference facilities for meetings of up to a few hundred

Looks like it is due for renovation

Staff try to be helpful. Between language comprehension and management that appears to busy to train and actively supervise staff.

Walking and jogging possible near the property

Trip type: Travelled on business
Elsa J, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Dear RMJ11,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the review. We appreciate your feedback. It is very important to us.

Have a lovely day.

Elsa

Reviewed 26 October 2018

I believe that this is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. The rate was very competitive and I had absolutely no complaints. The rooms were very clean, the common areas were attractive and clean and the staff could not have been any more helpful or pleasant. Possibly the only complaint was there was no "free" breakfast which I never really care for anyway. I would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Seagator48,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Annapolis. It is our pleasure to serve you. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay.

Have a lovely day.

Elsa

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Crowne Plaza Annapolis exceeded my expectations in every way.  The service, from the front desk to housekeeping to the hotel  restaurant, was phenomenal! Checking in, I was warmly welcomed by the friendliest front desk clerk.  My room preferences were confirmed and honored.  Matter of fact the room was already prepared with my welcome amenities granted to me by my platinum status! I was so grateful because who wants to have to ask or remind of what's already been promised to you.  That's the whole point of obtaining status and its wonderful to see a hotel that gets it.  Although the area is loaded with restaurants and places to eat (right next door is The Greene Turtle and Red Lobster), I decided to stay in.  The hotel's restaurant was empty but open and I had a wonderful, tasty and relaxing meal.  The bartender and server were friendly and sooo attentive.  My room was clean, the hallways smelled nice. I reserved a 2 queen room.  However,  the beds are more of a double sized and fine for one person but perhaps a little too small for 2 adults.  There was a tiny window in my room on the sixth floor, but I didn't come for the view so I didn't bother opening the curtains.  Now after having my sleepy time tea provided with the in-room Keurig, I'm turning in for the night.  I cant wait to use my rest, relax and recharge kit for a perfect night's rest!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2018

The pros were it was easily accessible from the highway, clean and nicely furnished, very comfortable bedding, noise wasn't ever an issue and the staff was very friendly. We were always treated very respectfully. The property is off the main road but accessible to many restaurants and shopping within a five minute drive. I loved Annapolis and chose the city due to it being near the bay area as well as an easy drive to Baltimore and DC. That being said I do have some suggestions that would easily make it 5/5. First and foremost, our room on the third floor had a very bad smell. It was most noticeable when we first walked in but it was definitely present at all times. After the first night I asked to be switched. The hostess at the desk didn't even question me. I think she knew what I was referring to. She moved me across the hall where, alas, the second room smelled almost as bad. It wasn't atrocious but very noticeable - like a damp smell that had been attempted to be covered up. To me, that was the biggest flaw. Second, was the breakfast offered downstairs. It was set up like a complimentary breakfast - standard pastries, breads, cereals and a few hot options on a buffet line. When the woman who checked us in told us about the breakfast hours she never mentioned the cost. There is no sign in front stating the price (which is $10.95). The host who seated us never mentioned the price. We didn't know about the actual cost until we were handed a bill. We weren't alone. We watched several guests come in, pick up a few pastries and leave. Others seated themselves, helped themselves, ate quickly and left without paying while others were surprised only after eating. Do your guests a favor and DISCLOSE the cost before they eat. It really isn't fair and very awkward for all involved. For prospective guests, the food was cold and not at all worth the price. There's a Denny's around the corner at which you could get a fresh, hot breakfast for the same price. Last was the parking. During our weekend stay there were several events hosted within the hotel at once. When returning to the hotel we had a very hard time finding parking. We ended up at the back side of the hotel and had to walk around the front as there is no back entrance. Honestly, I do recommend the property and it's pros outweighed it's cons. I hope that the managers consider my suggestions to make this beautiful hotel the best experience it could be.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple