All reviews basketball court wood burning fireplace bedroom bath stove top father's day sized refrigerator rates were reasonable an extended stay no elevator small kitchen motel style naval academy waffle maker laundry room short drive a great stay the hotel offers
Reviewed 2 August 2018

They did not have the room available that I booked online on Marriott site. Beds hard and uncomfortable. Housekeeping poor., had to remake my own bed, no proper mattress cover. Carpets smelled funky. Upper management at hotel not Marriott aRewards member friendly. Only saving grace, night staff gentleman very friendly and accommodating.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 12 July 2018

I prefer to stay at Marriott properties, and this property served its purpose very well. The rooms have been updated and are very nice. The beds and linen are comfortable and the rooms are very clean. The cleaning staff did a great job. Overall the property needs some attention and repair inside and outside. The towel bar in our bathroom needed to be attached better, we fixed that. The kitchen floor needs to be replaced as there was a crack right in the middle of the floor. The door handles to the bedrooms kept falling off. I had also called down for additional blankets, I asked for 3 and was told she could only give me 2. We have 3 beds. Things like that do not make sense to me and are non-sense and a lack in customer service.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We stayed 2 nights over Father's Day weekend. The location was perfectly aligned with our travel plans. We spent some time at the pool. We especially enjoyed the breakfasts and the camaraderie with the other guests. Jacob Singer, Tyler, and Chris at the front desk were very helpful and gracious.

Room tip: We like the rooms on the ground level.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2018

This is a fine property and the structures are in great shape. I was taken back by grass that was over a foot tall in places, and weedy landscaping. Also, the breakfast and evening snacks was worst of any Residence Inn that I've stayed at in a very long time. Property has promise, but employees will need to show pride in their service and care of property to receive a rating above average from this traveler.

Room tip: Away from pool from quiet, close to pool for quick access
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Beachluvinfamily
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Dear Beachluvinfamily,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced. It is our intention to provide a superior hotel experience and I do apologize that we failed to meet your expectations.

We truly value your patronage and I am in the process of reviewing your comments with the departments involved. Our management team is committed to ensuring that all of our processes are reviewed for possible improvement and training is revisited wherever appropriate.

Feel free to reach out to me if I may be of any assistance. It is my hope that when your travels bring you back to Annapolis that you would give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations and restore your confidence in The Residence Inn Annapolis.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

I booked this week long stay months ago in anticipation of relaxing with the grandkids and the pool was a major amenity influencing our decision to stay with Residence Inn. Instead of a courtesy email in advance to let us know the pool had not yet been inspected and would not be open, we were told upon arrival. Instead, we were told to cross the four lane highway if we wanted to swim at the sister property. I'm disabled and use a cane and cannot walk any distance. My grandchildren are very small. It wasn't an option.

Nobody mentioned the property wasn't accessible and we were given a room on the second floor without any elevator. I had to climb stairs and have someone assist me every time I came and went. It was physically exhausting and strained my legs so badly I had spasms every night.

I don't feel we were treated fairly. There was no effort made to accommodate my needs, and no compensation offered for not having full use of promised amenities. Because of my inconvenience during the one week I get per year to enjoy for vacation, I've decided I'll never squander it at a Residence Inn again.

Right across the street from this location was a very nice looking Extended Stay America with a functioning pool and elevators. When we return next year we'll stay there.

Trip type: Travelled with family