“Unique Experince”

Topia Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Adams B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 28 September 2015

Unique boutique hotel in beautiful Adams, MA. The holistic eco concept that is applied throughout the hotel is a uniquely satisfying, fulfilling and otherworldly experience. The owner/hosts are very kind, caring and helpful. The breakfeast is great, there are free bicycle to use and the amenities such as the organic towels and sheet, the unique products and streams baths in every room are fantastic!
Thank you for a great weekend!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 September 2015

The Green Topia Inn has lots of meaning for my husband & I. Without going into to too much detail, it has been a big part of my life looking back, a huge part of my healing journey and we became close with the owners/caretakers, who are/were all amazing.The Topia Inn was a life-saver for us as well as an escape for comfort and beauty. I remember the relief after what I had been through which brought me to tears that such a place existed. And, although it may only be those of us having severe sensitivities who truly understand the depth of this, I think others can appreciate the difference even after just one nights stay of amazing fragrance-free sleep, their organic breakfast, organic and natural bath products or any other amenities they have. Many say you can't get the feeling of green and eco-friendly being downtown in Adams but I have to disagree; I think it makes it all the more historic and eclectic. It's the only organic chemicaly-free inn I've found who are true to their word, and personally, it's the only place I can stay in the entire country (which I've traveled by car twice). Each room is decorated with such care and beauty that it's hard to pick a favorite. I highly recommend staying in any of the beautifully done rooms and any season in the Berkshire's is amazing!

Room Tip: The Peacock Room was amazing.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Topia I, Owner at Topia Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2015

It was great hosting these very sweet guests and getting to know them over time. We put in a great deal of care and hard work to make our place a beautiful, pure and restful escape for other hard working people. It means the world to us when our efforts are valued so much. Thanks Holly, all the best!

Reviewed 9 August 2015

I should have looked it up on a map. For some reason I thought the Topia would be in a more bucolic location. Topia is in a slightly depressed town of Adams across from a senior apartment building. It is right next to a bike path rail trail, and you can rent bikes right at the inn, which is nice. It is also very convenient to North Adams/Mass MoCA and other Berkshire destinations. In the pictures, the rooms look amazing but they are actually just rooms in a house. Everything was very clean. The breakfasts were very good! My one main complaint is our room was very cold and there was no way to turn down the air conditioning! It was 60-62 in there. The caretaker could not figure it out and just gave us lots of blankets. This aspect does not really mesh well with the eco/low environmental impact philosopyhy of the place. Perhaps by now they have figured it out!

Room Tip: Avoid African if you want to be able to control the temperature
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mama G
Topia I, Owner at Topia Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2015

It is an Oasis according to the New York Times. And yes, it is possible that the AC was temporarily stuck but the problem has not been reported by the guests before and after.

Reviewed 16 June 2015

The owners' careful commitment to non-toxic materials and furnishings result in a peaceful, soul-deep feeling of relaxation and refreshment. The hosts were extraordinarily kind and interested in our enjoyment of the inn and the area. We were left with an infusion of gratitude and well-being. If we could rate this place higher than excellent, I would. It is simply the best place we have ever stayed.

Room Tip: Each room is the work of a different designer, they are all gorgeous
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Topia I, Owner at Topia Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2015

It is always a pleasure to host guests who so deeply enjoy the environment we work hard to create. It means a lot to us that they left feeling satisfied and refreshed.

Reviewed 8 April 2015

I was looking to stay in a Castle of all places.....however, the beauty and quiet solitude of this place was amazing! We enjoyed the Most Romantic Weekend ever and will definitely be back to check out the other rooms here!

Room Tip: The Aloha Room was pure heaven!
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Topia I, Owner at Topia Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2015

We are so happy to see the picture of our guest resting so peacefully in the floating bed.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Adams
21.8 km away
37.6 km away
Devonfield Inn
Devonfield Inn
#1 of 8 in Lee

Been to Topia Inn? Share your experiences!