“Unexpectedly Amazing!!!”

Topia Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Adams B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We didn't intend to stay here. We booked it because it was the closest to our destination. We were vendors at a local Renaissance Fair and it seemed closest and reasonable. I'm so glad we stayed here! We will return! The place was amazing. They have a little tea area! Which if you been traveling was definitely well needed!!! Everything was organic even the rugs and everything was beautiful.The owner lady was so nice! We told her we would be in a rush the next morning and would not be able to come to the breakfast. She offered to make us a breakfast to go and it was the there the next morning! It was delicious and had the best organic coffee I have ever tasted. The shower was awesome too. They even had a steam shower option with oils and each bathroom has all organic and healthy bath products. The bathroom was so clean and the room we stayed in lovely! The pillows were very comfortable and everything was cute. I wish we didn't have a work vacation as it is definitely a gem hidden away and we will definitely go back soon! The experience is definitely a luxury one. You would pay so much more if this were in the city. This is above and beyond 5 stars.

Room Tip: The French room is on the ground floor is near the front door. In the morning you can hear people co...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We just came back from a wonderful stay at the Topia Inn. This gem is spotless and beautiful. Our Greek room was really pretty and the Peacock room is incredible. Caryn is a warm, wonderful and personable host.

The backyard has access to a great 11 mile walking/biking trail, which we enjoyed for a few miles (did not walk all 11!).

The Topia Inn is not far from the art in North Adams (Mass MoCa-don't miss it) and Williamstown to the north. The wonderful theater is to the south. There are great restaurants all over. Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank albaby
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

This was a little jewel in the middle of Adams. Right at the end of a rail to trail that begins in Pittsfield. Quiet location and ample parking options.

The Inn was quite nice and immensely clean!! Guests were provided hemp slippers to use while inside the Inn so no dirt or dust was tracked in from the outside.

The Inn Manager, John Whitney, was fabulous!! Very accommodating and always available, not to mention engaging. The breakfast was vegetarian. I was expecting all organic, just not vegetarian. I love my breakfast meats and two days of chilled honeydew melon soup and poached pears in the morning was more than I could bear before I needed to sink my teeth into bacon, eggs and cheese on a roll;-). They used lots of whole wheat so if you're gluten free, please let them know! I'm sure they would accommodate.

They do require you to use their products only while staying at their Inn. All organic products of course. I did miss my products that weekend as I love scents and the products were all unscented. And not as effective as my products but out of respect, I abstained. Room was comfy and pleasant. The other guests were fun and cool to chat with. Good energy and nice people throughout the Inn.

We are frequent visitors to the Berkshires so all the activities we did are local. Fireworks and James Taylor at Tanglewood July 4th. Kayaking on Cheshire Lake, biking the rail to trail, The Mount (Edith Wharton's estate), Clark Museum in Williamstown and of course the theater in Pittsfield. We ate at our favorite restaurant in the area called "Dream Away Lodge", in Becket. Nothing compares and is truly the most romantic and laid back location to dine. Do NOT miss this place. I almost hate mentioning it because our little secret might get out, but wanted to share the best moment of our trip.

Enjoy!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2016

TopiaInn was beautiful. I would call it a gem among stones. It's this amazing adventure surrounded by factories. I was a lil disappointed when I got to Adams Ma because I didn't do my reasearch. We 're thinking Berkshires ,we're thinking tourist attraction, but there wasn't much to do...My mom and I were looking for excitement and this town was very quite. The food was good, but different. They give u these small portions that we definitely felt like it wasn't enuff. but cudos to the innkeeper/(butler) John.inside joke John was an awesome innkeeper who made our stay exciting. We had an impromptu happy hour that was great, even the other guests joined in on the front porch.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are a good selection
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2016

We recently visited the small New England town of Adams and thanks to this hidden gem we had a fabulous time. Jon, the innkeeper, gracious and charming, greeted us at the door and brought in the luggage for us. We stayed in a lovely room called the Peacock room which was super comfortable. All amenities were supplied including organic soaps, face cream, toothpaste, deodorant and supplies for men. Jon explained that the mattress was all natural and made by CoCo-Mat. I think they have a store in NYC. It was heaven!!! Haven't had such a great sleep in years. The inn was immaculately clean. Very knowledgeable about the area, Jon recommended a Mexican restaurant nearby called Coyote Flaco. Jon knows his food and this restaurant was some of the best Mexican fare I've had. Breakfast the following morning was superb and then we took a walk around the town, stopping in to see some of the places that Jon recommended. We had a wonderful time! Thank you, Jon, for all your help and suggestions. The inn is very lucky to have found you!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked special and each was decorated in a different style. The inn was so clean, one...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Bernierone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adams
21.8 km away
37.6 km away
Devonfield Inn
Devonfield Inn
#1 of 8 in Lee

Been to Topia Inn? Share your experiences!