“Great value for unique meal”

Baku's African Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 116 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: African
Reviewed 7 October 2015

I wasn't very hungry, but I was with a small group who was, and I enjoyed the food here anyway. The chicken was cooked to absolute perfection, moist, tender, very flavorful---yet not fried, but stewed. Savory side dishes and green beans also cooked to the optimum point. The chef knows what she is doing. Low prices, too.

Reviewed 23 September 2015 via mobile

I love Nigerian food and I am picky since my in-laws make great Nigerian food. I was very excited to try this place but it was not as god as other Nigerian food that I tasted. The service was o.

I was

Reviewed 11 September 2015

I had the pleasure of eating delicious food at Baku's with my co-workers. The owner was lovely. We felt link we were enjoying a meal in her home. I highly recommend going to Baku's

Reviewed 17 October 2014 via mobile

I loved this place. It's local & delicious. The own knows fun & is a great companion. I came in alone for lunch & left feeling happy & satisfied like I'd been at a family table We are All Relatives. Food is the diplomat & translator.

Reviewed 7 September 2014 via mobile

The Nigerian food was marvelous! Very homey, owner explained the food, her culture and was very friendly. The service was like your grandmother's kitchen, so don't expect fancy, snooty or fawning.